Is the Hamburger a sandwich?

#1 Posted by jlev880 (204 posts) -
#2 Posted by dungbootle (2453 posts) -

Yes.

#3 Edited by jlev880 (204 posts) -

Just want to gather data for a research paper for my english class, sorry if someone has already done this poll.
Appreciate your input.

EDIT: I just want to be clear I am only interested in the data from this poll, I realize this thread has been done a thousand times but I just need solid numbers for my paper.

#4 Posted by Evilsbane (4324 posts) -

Its Something Between Two pieces of bread so, Non-SandVICH IS FOR BABIES!

#5 Edited by MrDorkins (38 posts) -

Of course, its something in between two slices of bread, therefore it is a sandwich.

Edit: Ninjaed  D:

#6 Posted by medacris (611 posts) -

I consider burgers, wraps, and anything wrapped in pita a sandwich.

#7 Posted by Skald (4366 posts) -

This again?

#8 Posted by Blair (2471 posts) -
@extremeradical said:
" This again? "
#9 Posted by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -

Yep

#10 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -

I'm pretty sure Jeff solved this years ago....

#11 Edited by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

The real question should be is a hotdog a sandwich? Yeah think about it.

#12 Edited by LegendaryChopChop (1134 posts) -

A hamburger is in its own breed.

#13 Posted by AVANTxGARDE (19 posts) -

No, because hamburger is just meat. Now if it was between two slices of bread...maybe, just maybe you have an arguement...
#14 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4655 posts) -
@Blair said:
" @extremeradical said:
" This again? "
"
#15 Posted by Beforet (2883 posts) -

Didn't we already have a several hundred post thread on this?

#16 Posted by jlev880 (204 posts) -

I find it funny that almost half of the replies are to tell me that this has been done before (which I realized when I created it just read my first post), and out of those posts the majority are just quoting the first guy who pointed it out (those posts might as well not exist at all in my opinion).
Just an Interesting observation.

#17 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Yes. A hamburger is a sandwich. 

#18 Posted by AndyPhifer (163 posts) -

A hotdog is a pocket food, like a gyro or taco.

#19 Edited by ZmillA (2230 posts) -

hotdogs belong to the weiner family of foods, I don't see how anyone in their right mind could compare them to gyros or tacos. Quite frankly I'm offended by the very notion.

#20 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Man, this thread feels like something out of 2008 GB. There must already be a thread about it...

#21 Edited by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

Sandwich or not, I'mma eat one right fuckin now.

Edit - This just in, I decided to throw on a hotdog too for good measure.
#22 Posted by TooWalrus (12967 posts) -

Why do I feel like this thread has been made before...

#23 Edited by LordAndrew (13972 posts) -
@jlev880 said:

" I find it funny that almost half of the replies are to tell me that this has been done before (which I realized when I created it just read my first post), and out of those posts the majority are just quoting the first guy who pointed it out (those posts might as well not exist at all in my opinion).Just an Interesting observation. "

What you actually said was this:
@jlev880 said:

" sorry if someone has already done this poll. "

That suggests that you didn't know about the 662-post thread on the same subject, because you didn't check.
#24 Posted by buzz_clik (6836 posts) -

Not in Australia, it's not. A hamburger is usually beef mince with salad on a bun, whereas a sandwich is anything between two slices of bread.

Also, clicky clicky clicky.

#25 Posted by Portis (1276 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:
" Man, this thread feels like something out of 2008 GB. There must already be a thread about it... "
Are hamburgers sandwiches? (HUGE thread.)

etc.

I didn't turn up as many threads as I thought I would, but that first topic I linked has a whopping 662 posts. Honestly, I thought this debate was funny years ago--and isn't anymore, but I'm sure some people that weren't around in 2008 will enjoy taking part in it.
#26 Posted by LiquidPrince (15596 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:
" Man, this thread feels like something out of 2008 GB. There must already be a thread about it... "
There is. A big one.
#27 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Portis: I had a feeling: That first one appears to be from the first couple days of the site. I remember them talking about the hamburger threads on the Bombcast, I'm pretty sure this came up. Also one about chickenburgers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.