Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hard Corps: Uprising

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 16, 2011

Developed by Arc System Works, Hard Corps: Uprising is the spiritual sequel to Contra: Hard Corps available as a downloadable game on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

FightStick Support?

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iDarktread

I have 800 points sitting on my XBL account, and if I don't buy Hard Corps: Uprising, I know I'll end up buying the new Blops map pack or something. Since I now have a TE FightStick on the PS3 and am interested in taking full advantage of it, has anyone tried to play this game with one? I guess I'd be fine holding off on this game until it hits the PSN, but then again, I'd have to spend 15 USD through the PSN opposed to only 5 on the XBL. 

I've never tried a Contra game besides the Hard Corps: Uprising demo, but I know that Contra was originally in the arcades. After playing through the demo of Uprising, I can't really see how executing actions such as dashing or standing still and aiming transfer over to an arcade stick, even though I'm quite sure that the latter was featured in Metal Slug. On a side note, I've played a lot of Metal Slug on the Wii, which I absolutely loved, but didn't use a stick for it though I remember hearing somewhere that it supports it.  

Does this game work well and support use on an arcade stick, or was it made with a standard controller in mind? 

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By DarkShaper

You could use the fight stick since you can change how the buttons are mapped but a normal controller is the better choice.

VanillaPlant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VanillaPlant

Ya, I play a lot of fighting games; however, I find the controller to work better for this game as you will spend most of the game holding down the X-Button (fire) with the front of your thumb while tapping the A-Button (jump) with the back of it.

EpicVandal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EpicVandal

I like the fight stick for the game, theres even an "arcade" option for controller select. I can tap X faster on the stick than i can on the pad so i then end up firing faster.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.