Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hatsune Miku

Character » appears in 53 games

Hatsune Miku is a virtual idol originally created for the Vocaloid 2 software. Since creation, she has become a widely recognized figure, both as a representative of vocal synthesis music, and as a character in general.

Hatsune Miku Turns 10!

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By clagnaught
    No Caption Provided

Believe it or not, Hatsune Miku officially turns 10 today (at least in Japan; a few countries still have to wait a few hours). The original Hatsune Miku Vocaloid software was released on August 31, 2007. Since then, she has graced our world with music, videogames, concerts, pizza commercials, guitar pedals, F1 racing, late night television, and more

Now seemed like a good time as any to look back at her music and talk about how she will eventually dominate the world as we know it.

As for me, I have been listening to this song a lot today:

Looking back I don't think I have an absolute favorite Hatsune Miku song, although this one is up there:

I am required by law to use this picture whenever I can.
    I am required by law to use this picture whenever I can.

And since somebody is going to inevitably reference this, here you go.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The games are my only frame of reference but I've grown to really really like those.

Well most of them, they tried to add a story to one of the newer ones and eeeeeehhhh..

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

@efesell: I never played Project Diva X. By the time that was coming out, I think they announced Future Tone Perfect, and I just waited for that. But yeah, some of that didn't seem great.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DanishingAct

I'm only familiar with the guitar pedal, but it is super fun to mess around with. Slap a reverse delay or a ring mod and you can have some really stupid fun.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Did she/it turn rampant yet?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Nearing the age of old hag status in Japan.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

Let's not forget the time Hatsune Miku appeared on a fine CBS show. What a ride the last decade's been.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.