Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Hearthstone is out of beta, now is released

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Hearthstone is now live.

They've also done a patch with some tweaks in it to 2 legendary cards all the high end decks have been using, Tinkmaster and Nat Paggle, to make them less universally useful among a bunch of other little stuff. The most glaring bugs of the beta have been fixed evidently and there are now Gold Heroes you can get for winning many times with any hero. You can also get a Gold Coin provided the deck you're running is completely gold. Also secrets don't activate unless it's your enemy's turn apparently. I don't know why that change was made, to stop weird Eye for an Eye plays?

Hearthstone is great fun and you should play it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero

Yeah, Nat Pagle was getting so stupid. Sure, it's RNG, but if the opponent does get lucky, they'll probably draw 2 cards off it (and slow down any aggro plans you had) because almost nothing kills it in one hit.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

Most importantly, cards won't randomly shift around anymore so I don't accidentally Defender of Argus the wrong effin' dudes.

I also like this sentence: "To get a Golden Hero of your very own, all you need to do is win 500 Ranked Play games with any given Hero."

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

WHoooo! Now time to drop my paycheck on these here booster packs.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I will finally give it a shot now. I didn't check out at first because I didn't want my progress to be wiped.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@jjor64: You were missing out, they announced no more progress wipes like halfway through closed beta o_O

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Any date on the iPad version? I feel this kind of game works better for me when I need something to play on the iPad. If I am on my computer I got too many games to play as it is...

Looking forward to try it though, as it seems really fun.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Any date on the iPad version? I feel this kind of game works better for me when I need something to play on the iPad. If I am on my computer I got too many games to play as it is...

Looking forward to try it though, as it seems really fun.

My wife is really looking forward to an iPad version. She played the current iteration on her Mac for a bit, but she likes the convenience of taking it with her.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Wemibelle

@jaqen_hghar: All they've said is second half of this year, nothing firmer than that.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zelyre

Mrgrgrgrg...

I was not going to play this. But apparently you get a mount in WoW if you win 3 games.

*downloads Hearthstone*

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

@wemibelec90: Hmm, well. I guess that is good really, with Reaper of Souls right around the corner, then Dark Souls 2 PC. Thanks for the answer!

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I like the Arena in concept, but nothing says "fun" like spending 2 bucks (or a roughly equivalent amount of in-game currency) to immediately lose all 3 matches to a someone that drafted multiple legendary cards, someone that played Nat Pagle on their first turn (using their coin), and someone that was trailing by 17 life who won by 4 Mind Blasts in a row.

Grumble grumble grumble.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheMasterDS

@bbalpert: Do quests. Earn entry fee for Arena in no time at all. Stockpile gold for Arena. Better than buying packs since it's 50 gold more and you're guaranteed a pack anyway. Doesn't take too long, I put in a few matches per day on average between all the big releases of the last few weeks (Titanfall Beta, Donkey Kong, South Park, Titanfall) and I have like 900 gold roughly. I could play the arena 6 times! Which is secret code for months at the rate I'm going. Mind you I've had some great streaks. Currently I've got a Rogue I drafted last week that's done 6 1. Real nice.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@bbalpert: Do quests. Earn entry fee for Arena in no time at all. Stockpile gold for Arena. Better than buying packs since it's 50 gold more and you're guaranteed a pack anyway. Doesn't take too long, I put in a few matches per day on average between all the big releases of the last few weeks (Titanfall Beta, Donkey Kong, South Park, Titanfall) and I have like 900 gold roughly. I could play the arena 6 times! Which is secret code for months at the rate I'm going. Mind you I've had some great streaks. Currently I've got a Rogue I drafted last week that's done 6 1. Real nice.

You're right, but it's just deflating to get stomped 3 times in a row like that, especially to dumb stuff like that.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert said:

I like the Arena in concept, but nothing says "fun" like spending 2 bucks (or a roughly equivalent amount of in-game currency) to immediately lose all 3 matches to a someone that drafted multiple legendary cards, someone that played Nat Pagle on their first turn (using their coin), and someone that was trailing by 17 life who won by 4 Mind Blasts in a row.

Grumble grumble grumble.

The people who play Arena frequently are no fun at all. I have come to accept this.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert said:

@themasterds said:

You're right, but it's just deflating to get stomped 3 times in a row like that, especially to dumb stuff like that.

I think the dumb stuff is the fun part of Arena. The dull part of Arena is where Value dictates every decision and a "correct" way to draft it has developed. Oddball wins like that that by all rights shouldn't happen are great! If the game didn't have that it'd just be I drafted more cards Trump likes check it I won.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have had a lot of fun with hearthstone, but I feel its lacking in some areas. I would love a tournament mode, and a better in-built community system. You can chat with people on your friends list, an I like the emotes, but the game feels somewhat... "impersonal" at times. I would like to see it get fleshed out a bit. Two on two duels, stuff like that.

Swiftopian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's still very early days for this game. I've been playing way too much of it, but still loving it. I've even been watching some streamers and listening to a Hearthstone specific podcast. Someone help me!

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really liked this game at first, but I feel like Legendary cards are WAY too powerful... Hell, I'm just gonna say it - they're fucking overpowered and completely ruined the game for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.