Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

The Custom Cards Thread

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey guys! A lot of HS players like to share their ideas on what new cards could look like, and multiple sites offer easy ways to create the cards you always wanted Hearthstone to have. I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where our creativity is put out there and discussed with other users. So, without further ado...

No Caption Provided

Let's start simple. Relentless Sentinel is a late game catch up mechanism that you play once things kind of got out of control with aggro; it would be pretty nice to play it as a 3/10, but it's situational and terrible against control. Nonetheless it gives you a turn to breathe and will kill off a lot of garbage during its time on the board.

Frostschool Arcanist is a simple Frost Nova effect on a body that you can then use to trade with a key target. I decided not to give it Healbot stats because I think Frost Nova is much better at halting aggression than healing, and it gives you an extra turn of dictating trades.

Vindicator Maraad is a 3 mana Annoy-o-Tron with +1/+1; however this means that it can actually very effectively kill small stuff. I opted to make this card a legendary because I think having 2 of them in your deck would make it too reliable against aggro; having only one means that you still have to have some other anti-aggro tools.

No Caption Provided

I originally wanted to make a One with the Elements for Paladin but I figured Shamans are in more of a desperate need of both card draw and heals; they would now be getting a mini Lay on Hands. A very versatile card, gives you breathing room against aggro and tools against control.

Cleanse the mighty is meant to be an answer for OTK decks; I wish I could give it to all classes, but as of now this is a Paladin only secret. This shuts down Patrons, Leeroys, Thaurissans, and forces combo decks to have a back up plan.

Paladins are, along with Druids, are a class that lacks hard removal, and Aldor Peacekeeper doesn't cut it when it comes to dealing with powerful effects that have to be answered now; hence Render Mute. Mana-for-mana this could probably cost 2, but a cycleable silence would be such a versatile and reliable effect that I feel it should be more of an investment.

No Caption Provided

Now on to the fun stuff! Stern Blademaster is an instant shutdown of small minions, hence the poor stats - and no, he doesn't have an aura effect! This would be a debuff similar to humility and would suddenly shift the balance of the board. It would also make it difficult for both players to play new minions because 1 and 2 attack minions would be unable to attack - of course you put him in a deck in which you can take advantage of this!

Chen Stormstout will gradually weaken the offensive potential of the board - the effect he has is stackable and also permanent, not an aura like Sotrmwind Champion. He as well renders low attack minions useless pretty quickly, but you also probably don't want to keep it on the board constantly because he will affect your minions too. I particularly like the flavor on this one - he just throws a giant driking feast and slowly erodes the strength of anyone beside him...

No Caption Provided

Tyrande keeps her healer reputation and prolongs the game for an extra turn or two. Casting her against a full board and before an AoE spell would be a huge life swing, but your opponent also gets the benefits of her blessings.

Varian is definitely the craziest of the cards I've made. His presence completely shuts down all petty creatures. However, you can't abuse this and use your big minions to just rush face, you actually have to get through your opponent's minions. This would make for an interesting scenario where the previous aggressor now has a barrage of taunts which he can abuse to protect his bigger minions and secure favorable trades. Varian would completely shift the state of the game until he's somehow gotten rid of.

You've probably noticed that most (if not all) of these cards have been created with anti-aggro in mind :p These are just some tools that I think would be fun to have in Hearthstone compared to the current meta. Realistically, probably only 3 or 4 of these could be added to the game to not make it radically different. Feel free to give feedback and, most importantly, show your own cards - maybe some aggro players out there will show me the cards they would like to see?

For an easy to use card creator, visit Hearthcards.net.
    F
    or more interesting card ideas to check out, check out Mekkatorque's Workshop and Fullas Games.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Relentless Sentinel is fine I suppose, slightly worse than Fen Creeper. Frostschool Arcanist is an okay neutral card but freeze is one of the most boring mechanics in the game so probably wouldn't happen, also would be really overpowered in mage. Maraad is too bland for a legendary (fine as just a random 3 drop). One with the Elements is fine. Cleanse the Mighty is too niche/uncontrollable. Render mute is fine. Stern Blademaster is weird but pretty OP I suppose, Chen is also weird though not as playable. Tyrande would have a Starfall effect or an Owl effect (not necessarily a silence), she has no healing in Warcraft 3 and shitty healing in Heroes of the Storm (and also no healing in WoW I believe); lore takes a back seat to tradition if you have a major character that has appeared in other games. Varian is ridiculously overpowered but kind of cool.

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By hansolol

I should probably note that I barely know any WoW lore and kinda just randomly Google searched WoW TCG images for these.

No Caption Provided

It sucks when you hard mulligan for either Fiery War Axe or Death's Bite and don't get them against something like Zoo or Mech Shaman. This feels crappy at 2 mana and a little OP at 1. The obvious comparison is Sense Demons. I figure if you play this with no weapons left in your deck you get a 3 mana 3/1 weapon put into your hand called Broken War Axe or Cracked Warhammer or something like that.

No Caption Provided

I mentioned this in the other thread. Pretty self-explanatory. It gives you an extra hit on turn 4 against aggressive decks or could turn into a win condition in the late game if your opponent can't remove it. I think it's fairly balanced because it's a pretty dead card if you don't have a weapon equipped. Perhaps it should only give +1 durability and no attack.

No Caption Provided

Not much to say here, again. Sometimes you find yourself dealing with early minions only to see that it's turn 5 and you're down to sub-15 health. Or, sometimes you find that the only way you're going to clear that giant this turn is to face-tank it and Execute. This ability was taken from Hunter's Gladiator's Longbow but it's a much better fit for Warrior. The more I look at this the less appealing it seems.

No Caption Provided

I made this with the assumption that the Patron deck is going to be nerfed somehow in the future. Obviously they don't need more card draw in their current state. This is for Control Warrior. Sometimes your Acolyte of Pain only draws 1 card and you're kind of screwed. This card gets better the longer the game goes but is also decent for a quick cantrip in the mid-game. It also forces you to play a "should I/shouldn't I" game of chicken with your life total because your hero has to deal the killing blow to trigger the effect. You might find yourself dying to your own greed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.