Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

Are the demo's different?

Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rianor

Is the demo that was available through the Heavy Rain ARG last week different than the demo that was released today? Because the demo that was available last week was 1754 MB and today's Heavy Rain demo in the psn store is only 1384 MB.

So are they different? 

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

I don't know. However, it's my understanding it's a process to get a demo together for public play. I couldn't imagine the developers making two totally different demos. If they did, that would be weird.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz

The demo I downloaded (I'm from the UK, thus using the EU PSN Store) was 1754mb in size and consisted of a tutorial section, interviewing a prostitute under the role of Scott Shelby and investigating the crime scene of one of the murder victims as Norman Jayden. From what I gather it is the full demo that was available to those people that managed to get early access to the demo some days ago :)

Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rianor

Well if it's the same demo, what could possibly be over 400 MB big that could've gotten cut but was not noticed to be gone? 

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Red12b
    @Rianor:  
    Trailer?
    tastyhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tastyhouse
    @Hamz said:

" The demo I downloaded (I'm from the UK, thus using the EU PSN Store) was 1754mb in size and consisted of a tutorial section, interviewing a prostitute under the role of Scott Shelby and investigating the crime scene of one of the murder victims as Norman Jayden. From what I gather it is the full demo that was available to those people that managed to get early access to the demo some days ago :) "

I played the demo last night - I think it was a tad bit smaller at like 1.4 gig or so but the content sounds exactly the same.   The game is exactly what I said it would be.  A pretty cinematic game full of quick time events and awkward controls.  I completely fail to see what is groundbreaking about it.  Dragon's Lair and Space Ace Did this over 20 years ago.  The voicework kind of stinks too.  You can tell they are foreigners that are acting out american accents and it doesn't quite sound convincing.  Something is off.   I won't be buying it until its in the 20 dollar price range. 

EDIT: Did not get the Dragon's Lair reference from the IGN review.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.