Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

My gaming plans for Heavy Rain.

Bghattas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bghattas

I have a lot of games to play now (Assassin's Creed 2, BioShock 2 and Darksiders) and on the way (Final Fantasy XIII, Yakuza 3, MLB '10 and GoW 3). After playing some Heavy Rain, I have decided to make this my "I can't sleep, I'll play this until I'm tired" game. I think this one will be best suited for playing in the middle of the night with its slower pace, frequent saves and midnight movie trappings. Eventually, I'll mix it up with some FFXIII. 

Boy, did Mr. Mars life go south or what?

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Jambones

I am not sure how long Heavy Rain is, but it seems like a game that could benefit from an all-nighter, taking origami breaks... :D

Have fun; avoid heavy machinery in the morning.

Bghattas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bghattas

Well, I'm going to try for a Platinum so I figure I'll need plenty of replays. One guy (Shipwreck from Cheap Ass Gamers) said in his review that he amassed 28 trophies in 9 hours. I'll say it takes maybe 5 times that for all of them.

This is the closest thing to Shenmue I'll get to play, though you could say the same thing about Yakuza 3.

Avatar image for a_faceless_name
    A_Faceless_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By A_Faceless_Name
    @Bghattas said:
    " Well, I'm going to try for a Platinum so I figure I'll need plenty of replays. One guy (Shipwreck from Cheap Ass Gamers) said in his review that he amassed 28 trophies in 9 hours. I'll say it takes maybe 5 times that for all of them.  This is the closest thing to Shenmue I'll get to play, though you could say the same thing about Yakuza 3. "
    You can just replay scenes to make it faster.
    jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By jimbo_n

You'll get mad stressed out later in the game tho. There is no game over but you get so invested in the characters that you REALLY want to keep them alive.
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By demonbear

Its a short game anyway so dont worry about it interfering with your other games too much. I went from start to finish in one sitting.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Bghattas said:
    "  One guy (Shipwreck from Cheap Ass Gamers) said in his review that he amassed 28 trophies in 9 hours."

Wow, am I a bad person for wishing those were achievements? Either way this game's pretty crazy, my plans are to do it one sitting, French language, and no reloading saves or anything.  I'll accept all my mistakes and shit. 

Though I tested it out last night, wow I'm a bad father. When I was trying to figure out how to make the kid a snack, I found myself sidetracked with beer, and I couldn't figure out how to make him food, and he started making his own dinner. God, I felt like a total dick XD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.