Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

My thoughts on the unveil trailer and its implications

jaybee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jaybee

So, we finally got to see what the game looks like and there is still very little activity on this forum.  I wish we could see the actual demo they gave at Leipzig, but just that trailer and the hands on impressions has me very excited.  A lot of people re questioning whether this is a game or not.  However, I notice that nobody that actually saw the game being played is wondering that.  They all seemed to be very impressed.
        I think it's the QTE that is throwing people off.  They saw it in the trailer and assumed that is all you do.  Not only does this not seem to be the case, base on impressions form the show, but it looks like Quantic Dreams is bring QTE's to a new level that might actually qualify them as actual gameplay.  It does not seem to be merely reacting to a button icon on the screen, but rather reacting to the situation around you.  You see a vase, you can use it, the icon just shows you which button allows you to use it. 
        I'll admit, if all I saw was that trailer and I had never played Indigo Prophecy then I might be a bit worried about this game.  The only gamepolay we see is in the form of a QTE.  However, I have yet to read any impressions from those who actually saw the game being played that aren't incredibly positive.  That along with my expereince with Quantic Dream have mer very excited about this game.  Am I alone on this?

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Systech

If this game is only a bunch of QTE's, I won't like it.

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Nettacki

herejaybee said:

"So, we finally got to see what the game looks like and there is still very little activity on this forum.  I wish we could see the actual demo they gave at Leipzig, but just that trailer and the hands on impressions has me very excited.  A lot of people re questioning whether this is a game or not.  However, I notice that nobody that actually saw the game being played is wondering that.  They all seemed to be very impressed.
        I think it's the QTE that is throwing people off.  They saw it in the trailer and assumed that is all you do.  Not only does this not seem to be the case, base on impressions form the show, but it looks like Quantic Dreams is bring QTE's to a new level that might actually qualify them as actual gameplay.  It does not seem to be merely reacting to a button icon on the screen, but rather reacting to the situation around you.  You see a vase, you can use it, the icon just shows you which button allows you to use it. 
        I'll admit, if all I saw was that trailer and I had never played Indigo Prophecy then I might be a bit worried about this game.  The only gamepolay we see is in the form of a QTE.  However, I have yet to read any impressions from those who actually saw the game being played that aren't incredibly positive.  That along with my expereince with Quantic Dream have mer very excited about this game.  Am I alone on this?
       "
    You are not alone here. I too am very excited for the game for the same reasons as you.
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By brukaoru
    systech said:
    "If this game is only a bunch of QTE's, I won't like it."
    Definitely agree with that, it would get very old, very quick.

I think as they show more gameplay, besides showing QTE's, there will be more excitement for the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.