Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

Second game I beat in 2010: Heavy Rain

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Amazing. A month has passed since I beat my last game. My original plan for this year was to only play one game at a time, but I broke that rule fairly quickly. I am currently playing Indigo Prophecy, Mass Effect 2, Torchlight, and WoW. Despite already playing those games, I picked up Heavy Rain the day it came out and started playing that night. I have been looking forward to this game for a long while, and I was very excited to get my hands on it. My wife was also very excited about watching me play it.  The game took me around eight hours to beat, and we spent most of that time playing in one sitting yesterday. I do not normally play for long stretches of time, and my wife does not normally sit and watch me play for long stretches at a time, so that says a lot for this game.

Initially, I was a little put off by the voice actors in the game because it was noticeable that many of them were foreign voice talent doing American accents. If they would have used their native accents, this would not have been the case. However, I quickly became accustomed to all of the different characters and the way they sounded, so this was in no way a deal breaker. I found myself very attached to all of the characters in the game, but my favorite was Scott Shelby,

which only makes it that much harder when you discover he is the killer.
    I approached this game with the idea that what ever happened I would let happen. I only replayed a scene once because my controller stopped responding, which caused a character to die because the actions I was inputting were not being recognized. The attachment I felt for the characters made every action I performed in the game that much more intense, especially for the trials Ethan is put through. I love that you can skip back to previous chapters and play them without saving, so you can see what could have happened. This is also a nice feature because you can gain trophies that you did not receive the first time you played that scene. Overall, the story I got out of the game was wonderful; there were moments of great happiness and sadness. 

The only lasting issues I have with the game are the sound and graphical skipping that seems to threaten a game freeze, but I never did lock up; I heard this was happening to some people, so I am glad I was not seriously affected. I also felt the movement of the characters was awkward a majority of the time, especially when navigating smaller spaces like apartment rooms or around corners of objects. 

Heavy Rain is a great game, and I highly recommend it to anyone with a PS3. I also think it will be a great game to help get non-gamers interested because of the movie like nature of the game, and it is fairly low impact game play most of the time. I am now off to go finish Mass Effect 2!
    Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Amazing. A month has passed since I beat my last game. My original plan for this year was to only play one game at a time, but I broke that rule fairly quickly. I am currently playing Indigo Prophecy, Mass Effect 2, Torchlight, and WoW. Despite already playing those games, I picked up Heavy Rain the day it came out and started playing that night. I have been looking forward to this game for a long while, and I was very excited to get my hands on it. My wife was also very excited about watching me play it.  The game took me around eight hours to beat, and we spent most of that time playing in one sitting yesterday. I do not normally play for long stretches of time, and my wife does not normally sit and watch me play for long stretches at a time, so that says a lot for this game.

Initially, I was a little put off by the voice actors in the game because it was noticeable that many of them were foreign voice talent doing American accents. If they would have used their native accents, this would not have been the case. However, I quickly became accustomed to all of the different characters and the way they sounded, so this was in no way a deal breaker. I found myself very attached to all of the characters in the game, but my favorite was Scott Shelby,

I approached this game with the idea that what ever happened I would let happen. I only replayed a scene once because my controller stopped responding, which caused a character to die because the actions I was inputting were not being recognized. The attachment I felt for the characters made every action I performed in the game that much more intense, especially for the trials Ethan is put through. I love that you can skip back to previous chapters and play them without saving, so you can see what could have happened. This is also a nice feature because you can gain trophies that you did not receive the first time you played that scene. Overall, the story I got out of the game was wonderful; there were moments of great happiness and sadness. 

The only lasting issues I have with the game are the sound and graphical skipping that seems to threaten a game freeze, but I never did lock up; I heard this was happening to some people, so I am glad I was not seriously affected. I also felt the movement of the characters was awkward a majority of the time, especially when navigating smaller spaces like apartment rooms or around corners of objects. 

Heavy Rain is a great game, and I highly recommend it to anyone with a PS3. I also think it will be a great game to help get non-gamers interested because of the movie like nature of the game, and it is fairly low impact game play most of the time. I am now off to go finish Mass Effect 2!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.