Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

Things just got heavy....

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Dogma

I would not call this a spoiler but it is about a specific moment in the game. I will NOT tell you anything about what happens. What i do want to tell you is how this game affected me. The reason I write this post is because right now Heavy Rain had faced me with a choice that "forced" me to pause the game and think and I'm still thinking when I write this. I have had the game on pause for about 20 minutes by now and I'm still not certain of what I want to do. I know I will have remorse the moment I make my choice. It's just a game, right? It's easy, right? Just choose an option and live with it. Goddamnit it Heavy Rain. I can't even remember a game making me react like this before and I have been playing games for mabye 25 years. 

This is downright sadistic but also glorious at the same time. A game has to do something right if it's affects me like this. It has crept under my skin a couple of times already but this time I just went blank and paused, totally lost of what I should do next. It's really really wierd... 

Feel free to talk about times games have affected you in a similar fashion.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By angelkanarias

You're just making me wanna have this game!

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dogma

I'm sorry man but f*ck, this game has totally got it's claws in me. 

Wanna hear nice bonus? You can play it with your girlfriend/wife too that's not into games that much! If she's into the whole thriller drama type of movies. It's like being very much involved in a TV series of some kind.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Now I want to go and rent this, NOW!  
    I love when games do these sorts of things to the player 

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Venatio

Yeah I'm easily affected by choices in videogames, this kinda thing has happened to with Dragon Age, Mass Effect 1 and 2, atleast that I can remember 

Maybe it wasn't as serious as what happened to you but still

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Stopped reading after the first sentence in the OP...maybe I'll come back to this thread after I finish the game once.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Afroman269

How heavy is the rain?

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dogma
    @Chaser324: It's not that bad. I promise. I don't spoil anything. I only tell people that there are choices in the game (that's no secret) and one of them is heavely affecting me right now.
    Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dogma
    @Afroman269: It's quite heavy. I understand the title choice now. Did before too but yeah... it's fitting.
    masterherocard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By masterherocard

So things are HEAVY in this RAIN

I'm sorry. 

Anyway, choices in games have never really held that true with me. Then again, i haven't played many games which hold these giant choices in them.
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @Dogma: 
    Yeah, I just read your post, and you're right. You really don't give anything away.

As far as your question, I've only played through about half of Dragon Age up to this point, and I've already run into at least two or three big decisions that I had to think about for a while (the thing with the kid in Redcliffe and deciding who to support as the new dwarf leader, which may not be as significant if you didn't start as a dwarf commoner).
    Mayu_Zane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Mayu_Zane

Man, I'm one of those folks who likes to spend some time to think about decisions, whether it's about games or not. Heavy Rain may end up lasting a lot longer for me than other people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.