Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

This is probably best quote from a game developer.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

In his GamesCom Sony's Press Conference keynote, David Cage had this to say:   
     "never let a marketing guy have a creative idea"   
    he also spoke about how he think that a lot of games appeal only to our primal "survival" emotions like Fear, aggression, excitement or frustration but not many that appeal to our much more evolved emotions like happiness, jealousy, sadness or anger.

Personally I agree fully with what he said and I suggest everyone should read this recap of his keynote. 

What do you think? Do you agree with what David Cage had to say? 

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

It's also a funny one =)

thefreshmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thefreshmaker

I saw this earlier today, and thought he made a lot of interesting points.  More than anything, I'm glad that Heavy Rain's story is coming from someone who seems to "get" what needs to be done with narratives in video games.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mordukai
    @TheFreshmaker: I am also glad the he wont compromise on his vision and won't let the rating effect the game just to sell a few more copies. It's good to see someone who cares more about how the game will turn out and not how many copies it's going to sell.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

It's true, but In think it's far more true of Western games. I think Japanese games do a far better job at providing complexity to the emotional experience a player feels,  

The industry also needs to be hiring far more, women. That's part of the solution as well as more focus on evoking more complex emotions from players. There's a good reason why 2kMarin have a load of women working on Bio 2..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.