Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 17, 2009

Players must guide British explorer, Henry Hatsworth, through five exotic worlds in order to collect artifacts to ultimately unlock a golden suit of armor.

EA's new method of launching games to this market.

vhold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vhold

I think that the gaming journalists haven't picked up on this yet..  game was intentionally released at the same time as GTA and Pokemon just so people would see it, even if it means it will have poor initial sales.

They did nearly the same thing with Boom Blox, and that game _appeared_ to bomb, but had steady sales, and a marketing push for Christmas, and ended up selling around a million copies.  It's a very different pattern for launching a game than most people are used to, they're stucking thinking that a game can only sell in the first weekend.

Gaming journalists didn't really pick up on that story at all, they wrote it off and forgot about it while it continued to gain momentum in the market.

4thPersonJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By 4thPersonJohn

Interesting -- I hadn't thought about this at all. It's pretty awesome.

I'm thinking it's safe to say Henry Hatsworth will have a similar effect. Between Pokemon and GTA they get attention from (among) the biggest franchises of the casual and hardcore markets. And the cover is awesome. Sword in one hand, cup of tea in the other. Saving the mother****ing day.

deaux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By deaux

I hope you're right, that EA has such a plan.  Let's see a big ad campaign with a former member of the cast of Friends.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.