Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman Go

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Apr 17, 2014

Square Enix translates the series' assassination-based gameplay into a stylish mobile puzzle game that stays true to Hitman's murderous roots.

This game looks neat but do you get the whole game for $5?

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Same as the title says I want to know from anyone who has played it if you get the whole game for the $4.99 they are asking for it. The reason I ask is a checked the in app purchases and its things like act 2-5 and hint coins and that doesn't make me super confident.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TruthTellah

@haruko: You get the full game, but you just have to unlock each new level by doing well on the previous ones. The in-app purchases are if you want to pay to unlock levels 2-5 instead of unlocking them through doing well at the game. The hint coins are optional ways to help in doing well, but reviews have indicated they are not necessary for the game.

So, for $5, you get everything that is in the game right now. Like most games, though, you have to progress by doing well at challenges in it.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pezen

I was curious about that as well, it seemed a bit strange looking at the in app purchases, but I get the "time is money" aspect. Good to know.

Though regarding those in app purchases, I find it pretty crazy they have a $14.99 walkthrough for a $4.99 game.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

I make it a point not to buy any iPhone game for more than 99 cents. I also never make any in-app purchases.

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Square Enix can suck my fucking nuts if they think they're ever seeing a penny from me.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

so sad we have to even ask this

I guess I'm not necessarily against in-app stuff. My problem is with not knowing what you are even buying anymore.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@drekly said:

Square Enix can suck my fucking nuts if they think they're ever seeing a penny from me.

Noted.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In-app purchases??

Thanks, but no thanks.

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should support games that treat mobile and players with dignity if you want more of them. This is one of those games.

IAPs aren't necessary unless you want to avoid playing the game after you bought it or you really are that stuck. I think this game is fantastic.

Avatar image for legendarychopchop
    LegendaryChopChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it's the full game — but like all mobile games you can pay to advance, if you want to.

It's worth the 5 bucks, I think, especially on an iPad. But it might go on sale for 99 cents at some point in the near future, so if it's not a must-own now I'd say wait tbh.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ok sold. If the whole game is there for $5 you have my money.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@drekly said:

I have a feeling they don't know you exist.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

too many core gamerz up in this mug

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bgdiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

It's a great game, bought it on Friday and love it so far. Only wish it had a bit more of that cool spy party-esque music from the trailer in the real game, but I'll settle for some relaxed strategic assassination.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@legend said:

I make it a point not to buy any iPhone game for more than 99 cents. I also never make any in-app purchases.

Boo to that. Most of the best iOS games are in the $1.99 - $2.99 range... at least if you are looking for games that are not reliant on IAP

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would anyone spend $5 to buy a game and then pay additional money to not play the game they just bought? SO DUMB!

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's a great game with an incredibly unique art-style and it plays great. Totally worth the price.

coolof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By coolof

You do get the full. However I personally feel like they've made the game unnecessarily hard to trick people into spending more money. This is also true for the hints system. Rather than giving you a push in the right direction after, let's say 5 failed attempts at a level the "hint" shows you exactly how to beat the level. You get five. As far as I know you never earn more, you have to pay for them.

No big surprises maybe but it's a real bummer. There's a great game underneath, well worth $5 and it's a shame they felt the need to ruin it with in-app purchases. I wish I could recommend it but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

dpaul420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 3-starred every level before moving onto the next, usually 2-starring first time, occasionally all 3. I have not even come close to needing the hint system and I am on 3-9, nor do I understand why the IAP would get in the way of the experience. I hope that the complexity is at the max for the the Blood Money levels! This is my first itunes purchase (fiances iphone since I use only android) and i am happy with it.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am now on the third box, and I have not had any problems with this game. Yeah, it is challenging, but after studying a level for a while, you can figure it out. Basically you have to play this game like a "traditional" game, where you unlock levels as you beat them. Crazy!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.