Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

HTC Vive

Accessory »

The HTC Vive is a virtual reality headset for the PC, developed in co-production between Valve and HTC.

Can you use tripod stands for the Lighthouse or does the vibration throw the tracking off?

smeffw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can you use tripod stands for the Lighthouse or does the vibration throw the tracking off?

I was thinking about buying some 7 foot tall photography light stands but extending those above my 6 foot 3 inch height might cause them to vibrate easily.

Does anyone have any experience with lighthouse mounting?

I don't have the option to put holes in my walls so I can't use a mount.

I've read that Valve recommends to use FastCap 3rd Hand Support System but those are expensive and the photography stands would save me some money.

I don't plan on demoing the Vive anywhere other than my house.

If anybody has any suggestions or help it would be much appreciated.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

I've seen people use light stands for them. The feet being as wide as they are do mean you lose a bit of floor space, and you'll want some kind of adapter so you can angle the lighthouse units down.

Someone on reddit suggested these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L23XN9O.

I've got a tall bookshelf to put one on, but I'm gonna get a 7' light stand for the second one before I start drilling into my ceiling, hopefully it works out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.