Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hyper Light Drifter

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 31, 2016

A 2D action-RPG inspired by A Link to the Past and Diablo developed by Heart Machine.

Got the game on PS4, have a question about co-op.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I had no idea this game had co-op, which is awesome! I read that it was in beta on Steam prior. That said, what I am curious about is, does the second player that signs in also get trophies for the game, or does it work as a one profile thing? I mean, I did put another controller in just to see what it was like, and someone else had to sign in, and I signed him in and saw what the other character looked like and controlled like, but it wasn't enough of an indication one way or another since he plays as a secondary character rather than a duplicate of mine. I don't know if he'll be able to upgrade separately either, though that would be cool. So if I beat the game for instance, and my brother is playing with me, will I be the only one that gets a trophy? Trophies don't matter to me personally so much, and I have the feeling they matter as much to my brother as they do myself, but I think he would like to earn them as well, showing he made progress with me so to speak. I guess it's more incentive for him to play with me. It's just not as fun for either of us if one of us is not getting the same stuff, that is unless the other person simply doesn't care, but if we both intend on getting into something cooperatively, then we want equal progress if you will. Alright, thanks in advance if anyone has a definitive answer. I think I'll wait and see if my brother wants to play it before I jump back into it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. Anyone know? I still haven't tried.

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 7

I looked into it some for you, and apparently it's the same as the co-op that was patched into the PC version later. This would mean that all progress and upgrades are determined by the first player. The second player has no impact on the world aside from being able to help beat stuff up.

nuworldblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nuworldblue

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.