Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 26, 2009

inFamous is a third-person open-world action game in which players take control of Cole, an urban explorer / bike messenger changed by a mysterious blast that grants him electricity-based superpowers.

Can Anybody Tell Me If I Am Wasting My Fucking Time?

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Akeldama

I just completed my second run through of inFAMOUS and all i need for the platinum is all the blast shards. I have less than 20 blast shards left and i cant help but wonder, am i wasting my time? 

In a side mission, i had the option of healing a guy or just leaving him and taking his blast shards. Trying to maintain my evil character, I just took the shards. 

The locker exploded, i finished the mission, but im not sure if i got the blast shards. If i find all the blast shards and realize im missing the five from that mission, i will hurl my dualshock into my fucking tv. 

Can anybody please tell me if this is a fool's quest?
    IceCrystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By IceCrystal

The blast shards that you get from missions don't count toward the trophy for collecting all of the 300 (350?) shards that are scattered around the city "in the wild".  It doesn't matter if you got the five from the mission or not.  You aren't wasting your time.  You're a bit OCD, maybe, but you aren't wasting your time. ;)

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Akeldama
    @IceCrystal said:
    " The blast shards that you get from missions don't count toward the trophy for collecting all of the 300 (350?) shards that are scattered around the city "in the wild".  It doesn't matter if you got the five from the mission or not.  You aren't wasting your time.  You're a bit OCD, maybe, but you aren't wasting your time. ;) "
    are you sure? 
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Well do you want to find them?  It's your game, your decision.  How much does that trophy really mean to you?  Personally, I couldn't care less about that type of thing but nobody would look at you differently because you do.  Either way, it's your call man.  If you're enjoying looking for them, go forth and conquer!

IceCrystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IceCrystal
    @Akeldama: Pretty sure, at least, every source I looked at when I was considering going for the trophy said as much.  I haven't had time to collect 'em all myself yet.  (And it would be a pretty horrible design flaw since there are a few missions where you either get fewer shards if you're playing as a Good guy, or don't get any at all.  That would preclude anyone who played as a Good completionist from getting the trophy.) 

Edit:  http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/index.php/InFAMOUS_-_PS3/Blast_Shards

Relevant excerpt, which is general consensus: "There are 350 blast shards you can find in the city. There are also some missions that give out blast shards. These mission blast shards are not included in the 350 number, nor do they count for the Junior Geologist/Mineral Club/Rockhound trophies."
    canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By canucks23
    @Akeldama said:
    "@IceCrystal said:
    " The blast shards that you get from missions don't count toward the trophy for collecting all of the 300 (350?) shards that are scattered around the city "in the wild".  It doesn't matter if you got the five from the mission or not.  You aren't wasting your time.  You're a bit OCD, maybe, but you aren't wasting your time. ;) "
    are you sure? 
    "

Yea, dude, i had one of those things happen in a side quest, and i still found them all, and got the trophy, you're all good, there's no way to not be able to get all of them.
    Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Box3ru13

The ones in side missions don't count towards your 350 total. They are just there to help you get more energy balls to store more electricity without having to go searching. But there are 350 of them in the actually game world that you have to find. 

Just pull up a map and go block by block...
    TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TehBuLL

Wasting your time in the same way that most trophies do...being impossible to compare most the time.

superezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By superezekiel

Yeah, any of the missions that give you multiple shards are only there to help you increase your electricity level. I did one after I had maxed my electricity level and had a counter for my shards, and it never increased my count. Only ones you find scattered around the city are counted.

And no, you aren't wasting your fucking time. You're playing inFamous!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.