Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 26, 2009

inFamous is a third-person open-world action game in which players take control of Cole, an urban explorer / bike messenger changed by a mysterious blast that grants him electricity-based superpowers.

This game has an amazing story. SPOILERS

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SimpsonFan

My jaw dropped when freakin Kessler made you chose between trish. I love this game. I dont know if i like this story better than MGS4's or not. WOO!

Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Ross

Have you beaten the game yet and seen the ending cutscene?  Crazy awesome and unexpected for me at least.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Pibo47
    @Ross said:
    " Have you beaten the game yet and seen the ending cutscene?  Crazy awesome and unexpected for me at least. "
    OMG OMG OMG OMG! That was insane dude! I loved this games story so much. Its really is a great game.
    gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

agreed the story was amazing.  and if u havent got to the end yet you havent even seen the best part yet

easily my favorite PS3 game follow by KZ and MGS
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By VWGTI

The ending made my head explode. What a terrific game and story.

Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Giantsquirrel

What the hell is wrong with you people? I loved inFamous, but definitely not for the story. Thought that was the worst part.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By azteris
    @Giantsquirrel said:
    " What the hell is wrong with you people? I loved inFamous, but definitely not for the story. Thought that was the worst part. "
    The story was one of the many things I loved about the game. It started off slowly, I'll give you that, but towards the end it really amped up.

I can't wait for a sequel.
    Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Giantsquirrel

The ending was crap. Everything has to leave room for a sequel nowadays, there's no such thing as tying off a storyline anymore. Ooh, a Cole-clone who's mission is to destroy Cole and Empire City! OMG! Ever heard of Dark Spidey? The Dark Hulk-clone/brother/thing? It happens in EVERYTHING!

You must have never read a book or watched a movie. There are very few games that have stories that hold up to literature, film, or TV, and unfortunately, inFamous is not in that hallowed category.

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By DECA555

Im excited to see this become another stellar franchise for Sony. 

Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Giantsquirrel
    @DECA555 said:
    " Im excited to see this become another stellar franchise for Sony.  "
    Me too, just hope they use a better engine next time, and maybe pull an Assassin's Creed and give us a new character, preferably one that doesn't try to rip off Christian Bale...
    azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By azteris
    @Giantsquirrel said:
    " The ending was crap. Everything has to leave room for a sequel nowadays, there's no such thing as tying off a storyline anymore. Ooh, a Cole-clone who's mission is to destroy Cole and Empire City! OMG! Ever heard of Dark Spidey? The Dark Hulk-clone/brother/thing? It happens in EVERYTHING! You must have never read a book or watched a movie. There are very few games that have stories that hold up to literature, film, or TV, and unfortunately, inFamous is not in that hallowed category. "
    A dark version of himself was far from what Kessler was. You must not have paid very much attention. Kessler was Cole who had been tied down and wasn't able to become the hero that was needed because of it. So he came back in time to correct the failure he had become. A little different than a 'dark version'. Besides, some of the dialogue with John and how the Moya situation ended left the game open for a sequel anyway. It didn't seem like it was put in just to justify a sequel.
    Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Giantsquirrel

Yeah, you must not have understood. I meant the "menace" or whatever he was talking about at the end when they showed that super-powerful dude destroying shit and Cole talking about planning on meeting him or whatever he said.

The Kessler part and didn't make any sense, unless in the future Cole gets killed by his younger self when it all happens again (IN THE FUTURE!!!!!!).

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Osaladin

As I was nearing the end of the game, all I could think was, "oh for god's sake please don't make Kessler Cole's father". And just when I thought he was about to say it, the ending happened, and my mind exploded, and I immediately wanted more.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By azteris
    @Giantsquirrel said:
    " Yeah, you must not have understood. I meant the "menace" or whatever he was talking about at the end when they showed that super-powerful dude destroying shit and Cole talking about planning on meeting him or whatever he said. The Kessler part and didn't make any sense, unless in the future Cole gets killed by his younger self when it all happens again (IN THE FUTURE!!!!!!). "
    That wasn't dark Cole (the similar look confused me too at first), that was just some menace. That part isn't entirely important, you just need to know that Kessler (Cole in an alternate timeline) didn't stand up to fight the menace and regretted it later on in life. So he came back to change himself into the person that would fight. When Cole talked about meeting the menaces later on, I think it was supposed to be more generalized (as in all menaces), at least that's what I took away.

As far as Kessler not making sense, time travel is a paradox anyways. I generally let movies, comics, games, etc. decide how that stuff works as far as it doesn't sound too stupid.
    Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gruff182

Yea I just completed it on good. I said ending wise, it's a top ten of all time.

Did not see that coming.

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By SimpsonFan

Beat it, GREAT ending. I was shcoked that kessler was his future self. Also, what happened to Zeke after getting hit, they never really said anything. (Hero Storyline)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.