Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 26, 2009

inFamous is a third-person open-world action game in which players take control of Cole, an urban explorer / bike messenger changed by a mysterious blast that grants him electricity-based superpowers.

Weird thing about the good / evil system (SPOILER WARNING)

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

so im on the third island now, and ive noticed for the second time (i cant remember the first but it was something weird like this) a weird outcome with a moral choice... again, SPOILERS WARNING

so you have to choose between saving trish, or saving the doctors...so i chose saving the doctors as im playing (or trying to) good, and she says shes proud of me and stuff... but then when i get the mission complete screen, it says i was evil? what gives? again, like i said, something like this happened earlier to me, but i cant remember exactly where. So...did they just screw up on some of the mission outcomes?

please dont start a flaming war btw, i am in no way trashing this game, im loving it, im just wondering if people noticed this and wonder what the deal is.

Codariocalyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Codariocalyx

I noticed the same thing, and the only conclusion i could think of was that it just reported your overall karmic shift over the mission. so if you took the good choice but had harmed lots of civillians on the path to it, that it would report as evil. It seemed to be whenever i used the karmic overload power which i think moves you down slightly karmicly so you cant spam it that igot the evil message even when i did the good option. Could it be that?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Rhaknar

well you might be right, i didnt even realise thats how the missions worked...i do believe that mission was VERY chaotic, and i was spamming the megaton hammer...oh well, it didnt change anything im still a hero, just thought it was weird. cheers dude

IceCrystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By IceCrystal
    @TorresLFC said:
    " I noticed the same thing, and the only conclusion i could think of was that it just reported your overall karmic shift over the mission. so if you took the good choice but had harmed lots of civillians on the path to it, that it would report as evil. It seemed to be whenever i used the karmic overload power which i think moves you down slightly karmicly so you cant spam it that igot the evil message even when i did the good option. Could it be that? "
    Precisely!  The mission's outcome hinges on whether you made the Good choices and took down enemies with some precision, or whether you stood next to a power source and spammed Megawatt Hammer up and down the street with impunity.  Lots of civilians being consumed by an electric inferno = overall Evil karma shift, even if you made the token Good choices.  (Not that I'd ever take the lazy way out and just blast everything in sight to kingdom come... Of course not.  Ahem.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.