Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 26, 2009

inFamous is a third-person open-world action game in which players take control of Cole, an urban explorer / bike messenger changed by a mysterious blast that grants him electricity-based superpowers.

What are your thoughts on inFAMOUS?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

My first thought is:

1. I wish this was coming to the 360... :(

After that:

2. I love the concept of this game, it looks really cool. It seems to have great design, innovative gameplay, a unique setting, interesting character, and beautiful graphics.

3. Cole (the Protagonist) looks exactly like Starkiller. Anyone notice this?

4. I wish this was coming to the 360... :(

5. From videos I have seen, the controls look very iffy. The powers look sweet, though even the developers look like they are having trouble shooting the electricity. I think this game needs an improved targeting system, similar to GTA IV.

6. It is nice to see, rather it is refreshing to see, a superhero (or villain mind you) that does NOT have advanced travel powers. I like the urban explorer idea and hopefully it will be executed as well as Assassin's Creed (say what you want about the game itself, you can't criticize this element of Assassin's Creed.)

7. ???

8. I wish this was coming to the 360... :(

9. Profit.

What do you guys think?

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By guiseppe

Well it certainly looks interesting, other than that I really can't say.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By Davvyk

somthing just looks wrong in the vids. Controls look very janky. However it is still an early build

scumble373

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By scumble373

YES YES YES YES   MAKERS OF SLY COOPER THIS GAME IS GONNA ROCK!!!

1. its a sandbox game, so you can go wherever and climb where ever
    2. carma system, you do good things: you get good powers

CANT WAIT!!!!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_

Looks pretty great. It's one of the reasons I might buy a PS3 next year (should the price drop).

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By daniel_beck_90

it is like a "free-roam Star Wars : The Force Unleashed  happening on earth " in my opinion though I will certainly buy the game along with God Of War 3 , Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 simply because I have only 4 games for my PS3 for god sake and I want to use it for more than just Blu-ray movies .

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By samcotts

I have no interest in inFamous whatsoever, it doesn't look anything special in my opinion.

chrisser665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By chrisser665

I'll be honest with you... this looks an awful lot like Prototype.  Differences are the powers of the main character.  I hope it's not a cheap ripoff of that idea.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fr0br0
    chrisser665 said:
    "I'll be honest with you... this looks an awful lot like Prototype.  Differences are the powers of the main character.  I hope it's not a cheap ripoff of that idea."
    Main difference...This game is actually coming out.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayge_
    Fr0Br0 said:
    "chrisser665 said:
    "I'll be honest with you... this looks an awful lot like Prototype.  Differences are the powers of the main character.  I hope it's not a cheap ripoff of that idea."
    Main difference...This game is actually coming out."
    As is Prototype, in 2009, just like any other normal game in production.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422

It looks far better than prototype imo. I think the game looks like it can be pretty great. When I see the platforming and climbing up buildings and superpowers, I immediately think, almost another kinda Crackdown when I see it- and hey: that's fine by me.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By KamasamaK

Really interested in this game. The guys on Podcast Beyond have been hyping it up, and they've played it. As was mentioned in another thread, neither game really had enough time to be a ripoff of the other. They both just had a similar concept for a game, and it diverged from there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BiggerBomb said:
    "3. Cole (the Protagonist) looks exactly like Starkiller. Anyone notice this?"

caption
    caption

I'm pretty consarn stoked about it. I thought Crackdown was really fun, if a bit unfocused and shallow. A game like that with sweet superpowers and a proper story has my gameboner a throbbing.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jakob187
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "it is like a "free-roam Star Wars : The Force Unleashed  happening on earth " in my opinion though I will certainly buy the game along with God Of War 3 , Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 simply because I have only 4 games for my PS3 for god sake and I want to use it for more than just Blu-ray movies ."
    But...that's why the PS3 was made:  to sell the Blu-Ray technology.  Other than that...yeah, I guess it plays games too.
    inFamous looks pretty cool...but then again...Fracture, Too Human, and Force Unleashed looked pretty cool at one point too.  =  /  Still, Sly Cooper never sucked, so I think we can expect something decent from them at least.
    Kersal_Massive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kersal_Massive

looks too generic. and sometimes i cant tell the difference between prototype and this.

id rather have Crackdown2 (loved the cell shaded art style and total freedom)
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pause422

It takes no effort to tell the difference between Prototype and this what so ever....anyway yeah jakob I agree Force Unleashed looked cool at first, but that was really before I even saw any actual gameplay for it, soon as I did I could tell it was mostly meh, this games gameplay everytime I've seen it has actually looks suberb everytime I see more from it, and its coming from an accomplished developer. Gotta say though, Fracture NEVER looked cool to me, the few people it did look cool too I never could quite understand. Red Faction 1 had more destruction and it worked better than Fracture, and they came out like 6/7 years apart, it was always just trying to be a RF game done in third person from what I saw.

Anyway yea, this is one of the few PS3 games I'm extremely interesting in coming out next year, and honestly one of the only games I know of atm, since microsoft hasn't said anything about their lineup and most games announced aren't coming out till summer-fall.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BiggerBomb

Huh, I didn't think I'd see this thread again! Anyway, I haven't heard anything new about the game but I could see this being successful. But I'm going to have to go with Prototype! :)

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By gunswordfist

Prototype will definitely be better but inFAMOUS still will be incredible.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By dsplayer1010

Looking good. But how will it compare to Prototype?

Avatar image for themikelguereca
    TheMikelGuereca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheMikelGuereca

Interesting that you bring that up,[Prototype], because they both look similar but don't know much about [Prototype]. With that you can link it with bionic commando.

JiggyDino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By JiggyDino

The first times I saw the game, I was somewhat interested but I could see myself not buying it.  Last week, I bought the entire Sly Cooper series for a low price and now, I can't wait for InFamous.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.