Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 26, 2009

inFamous is a third-person open-world action game in which players take control of Cole, an urban explorer / bike messenger changed by a mysterious blast that grants him electricity-based superpowers.

Worst demo ever

Etaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Etaber

When this game first came out I downloaded the demo and thought it was a chaotic mess. Too many new mechanics at once to do anything but flail around like an idiot. Completely turned me off.

Yesterday I picked it up as one of my free games and man what a difference when you play from the beginning. New powers are introduced at the perfect pace and now I feel like I'm in complete control of Cole. This game kicks all kinds of ass!

I remember I wasn't the only one who had that opinion of the demo. If you felt like me you should definitely check out the full game.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sayishere

Yup i played the demo and wasnt impressed at all, but i do regret that first impression now

clubside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By clubside

Honestly I don't know how you make a decent demo of an open-world game. You either give away too much (and the file sizes are huge) or you give some glimpse that is more likely to turn people off than excited about the full game.

Since I refuse to play demos I'm curious if anyone out there has ever seen a decent demo of an open-world game?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShaggE
    @clubside said: 

Since I refuse to play demos I'm curious if anyone out there has ever seen a decent demo of an open-world game?

Saints Row had a good one. But the best by far is the Crackdown demo.
    Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Twitchey
    @clubside: The newest Superman demo had a really good open world demo. You could just fly around and crash through billboards if you wanted.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By onarum

I didn't have any problems with the inFamous demo when it came out, it displayed what the game was all about quite clearly.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By GoofyGoober

I agree I hated the InFamous demo too. Full game is better. This seems to be my issue with most demos these days, especially ones released by EA.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MeierTheRed

Hrm thought the demo was fine.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By imsh_pl

I on the other hand loved the demo and played it multiple times.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#10  Edited By MightyDuck

I was not a big fan of the original Infamous demo either.  I ended up buying the game anyway and really enjoyed it.

That being said, I just downloaded and played the Infamous 2 demo.  I did not enjoy it at all.  Although, I can't really put my finger on why that is.  This time I think I may wait until a price drop hits down the road to pick the sequel up.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By SMTDante89

I don't think I played the original demo, but I've played through the inFamous 2 demo multiple times to play around with the amp, vortex power, and most importantly, JUMPING OVER FENCES!

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Gabriel

Just Cause 2 has the best open world demo, because I'm still playing it and have yet to buy the game.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By project343

I loved the demo, but I also played a bunch of Sly Cooper--similar "sticky" platforming.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By sickVisionz
    @Gabriel said:

Just Cause 2 has the best open world demo, because I'm still playing it and have yet to buy the game.

Just Cause 2 and Blur's beta are good examples of games that I would pay $15 for if they included save points in them but for me there wasn't really any amount of content that made me feel like the bump from free to $60 would be worth it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.