Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Infestation: Survivor Stories

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Dec 17, 2012

Formerly called The War Z, this infamous clone of the popular ARMA II mod "DayZ" is best known for the many controversies surrounding its launch, subsequent removal from Steam, and the unapologetic stance of its developers.

Anybody looking to buy this?

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kgb0515

I have been getting emails pretty much daily about the beta being released soon, and I'm not sure how I really feel about the game. My first reaction was that I was excited about playing a more accessible and possibly more polished version of DayZ. The screen shots of the environments were exciting, and I liked the idea that zombies would be the primary threat so that there would be more of a focus on team play rather than PvP as in DayZ. However, the more I read about the game/watch Alpha footage, something doesn't sit well with me. The maps still look great, but everything about the inventory system and the character creation mechanics look really cheap. I have played War Inc. by the same developers, and it only held my attention for a few days with some of the jank that was involved. It's not that I don't think this game doesn't have potential, but something just feels.....off. As someone who enjoys DayZ, I'm very open to more games like this coming out, but I don't really want to pre order The War Z just to play the beta if I end up not liking it. What is everyone else thinking?

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Twisted_Scot

will wait and see how it goes. on the fence about it, i kinda liked day z so if this is a more fleshed out version with strong emphasis on coop amd maybe a slightly easier learning curve i may be interested. if they are still keeping day z going id like to see this take a more approachable stance.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Leptok

No, and going from the name, fuck those guys.

SargeGulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SargeGulp

This is separate from standalone DayZ though correct?

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheHumanDove

I got it. Dont know if it'll be good. But it's only $30 and I'm a sucker for spending money on stupid unnecessary things

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kgb0515

@SargeGulp: Yeah, it's an entirely different game from a different developer, but with striking similarities. There's some controversy over whether the makers of War Z poached their ideas from DayZ or not, but it looks to be a different experience. It's just that there's something missing or off about it, and I can't put my finger on it.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@TheHumanDove: You should tell us how it is! It looks interesting, but I don't know if I'd rather just stick with Day Z or try this.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By the8bitNacho

@TheHumanDove said:

I got it. Dont know if it'll be good. But it's only $30 and I'm a sucker for spending money on stupid unnecessary things

Basically. I've enjoyed most of the trailers and such that have been released for it. It looks like a more polished and streamlined version of Day Z and I am all for that. That standalone version of the Day Z mod sounds as if it will just be a port of the current build, and I'm not at all interested in that.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Genkkaku

@TheHumanDove said:

Yeah same

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bunnymud

I will not be playing this....ever

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Leptok

It's the laziest clone/rip off from an Asian f2p company ever. They just stole their eula from LoL. I would not support this company in any way shape, or form.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Leptok

http://m.joystiq.com/2012/10/17/the-war-z-terms-of-use-has-link-to-league-of-legends-agreement/?post=1&icid;=joystiq_search_art

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cbarnes86

I really want to get this because I enjoy DayZ but it is just a bit too complicated (without a tutorial) which will hopefully change in the standalone. This seems much simpler.

ashcrack1087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ashcrack1087

It looks like zombie mode for their f2p shooter, i'll probably just wait for the DayZ standalone.

FrankieSpankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FrankieSpankie

I was thinking about it when I first saw it and never really cared for the complaints it got. A lot of people complained that it was a rip off of several other games but it's still a genre that seems to have a big demand for it with hardly any games available. I was talking to some people about the developer's other game (since this basically looks like a mod,) and they were saying their other game felt terrible. I think I'm going to pass on this one which bothers me a little because I thought DayZ was one of the clunkiest games I've ever played and I want a game like this. I'm crossing my fingers that The Dead Linger will work out well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.