Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 16, 2017

When a new league of supervillains threatens alternate-universe Earth, it's up to Batman's crew of superheroes (and their shaky alliance with Superman's ruthless Regime) to stop them.

Flip Stance uses?

NDEddieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't found too much utility for flip stance yet. Have any of yall found uses for it, or is it just good for dancing?

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I think it's just there for aesthetic purposes. I never quite understood why that's a thing in these NRS games.

dasakamov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I figured it's a "mind-game" thing -- make your opponent think you're doing something so they try to counter or counter-hit and whiff.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I think it's just there for aesthetic purposes. I never quite understood why that's a thing in these NRS games.

You can use stances to put a delay in combos, bluff a move, or use the stance button to remain down on the ground longer after a knockdown. There are legitimate uses for it but they are super situational and super specific. I remember this video from MK9

Loading Video...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Some combos in MKX require stance switching, no one ever did them though; Injustice 2 has a lot of theoretically possible combos that no one will ever do (aside from the AI potentially); since optimal is like 1% off and immensely more difficult. That and the baseline execution requirements for simpler combos are just higher than before. There's probably something for almost every character.

For having a gigantic playerbase the number of actually competent players is less than 50 and the number of lab monsters is similarly small; if there were like several thousand really good players then you'd see lots of optimization. This is predominantly because NRS fundamentals (Injustice onward, MK9's are completely different) are extant but distinctly different and unique from all other fighting games, very hard to get a handle on if you working from a different perspective; but perhaps if your first game ever is an NRS game and you break through the skill glass ceiling against all odds then you can get to that point; that is a very tight vice to get through though especially with the immensely legendary status of top player(s?).

NDEddieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting. Thanks guys. I remember some MK9 combos requiring it (Cage came to mind) but hadn't seen anything similar here. Appreciated!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.