Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 03, 2011

With art design by legendary animator Michel Gagné, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet sees players investigating the source of an ominous corruption spreading through the galaxy from within their small but powerful flying saucers.

My Insanely Twisted Shadow Review is Up!

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Luke

I was first to unlock all 200 Gamerscore on Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet and decided to be the first to have a full text review (that I could find) on the internet.   

I then decided to make it exclusive on Giant Bomb's User Reviews!   

I'm not barred by an embargo or anything.  If you guys are considering picking-up the game next week or haven't even heard of it before, go ahead and give my review a read here:   

http://www.giantbomb.com/insanely-twisted-shadow-planet/61-27375/user-reviews/?review_id=20344   

Let me know what you think! :)   

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By spankingaddict

Awesome !  You are a special person : )

I'm looking forward to playing it...

Avatar image for inflectionpixel
    inflectionpixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By inflectionpixel

Did you feel that any parts (besides the end, as you mentioned) were overly frustrating?

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Luke
    @spankingaddict said:

Awesome !  You are a special person : )  I'm looking forward to playing it...

Haha, thanks!  It's a cool/fun game, so I hope you enjoy it!   

@pwnage1232 said:

Did you feel that any parts (besides the end, as you mentioned) were overly frustrating?

No, not at all.  The game was a joy to play for me.  Honestly, right when I was feeling the feel of frustration start to occur, while trying to solve a puzzle, I solved it the next second.  The puzzles aren't that hard, but do make you think for a bit.   

Other than that, on the last level and final boss, some people I've talked with have gotten a lot more frustrated than me.  I think the final boss is actually too easy, but others have found him to be hard for some reason.  I guess it just depends on the gamer :)  
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Vexxan

Just finished reading your review(a good read btw!) and overall it seems to be a good game and I'm a sucker for XBLA games so I'll pick it up this Wednesday :)

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Your first sentence turns me off of it completely. Does anyone know how much Crimson Alliance will be? I'll be buying all the other summer of arcade games, but this one does not look like my cup of tea. I'll buy it if it ends up being free (same price as Crimson Alliance, which you get free for buying everything).

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By kalmis

@Rolyatkcinmai: I believe it is 1200

edit, yup:

"When Crimson Alliance launches, the full game -- all the content and characters -- will be priced at 1200 points,"

source

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By alternate

Congrats and all but if you get to be in your forties and you are still going on about how you were the first to review and 100% this game  ...  then your life has not gone to plan :D

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Luke
    @alternate said:
    Congrats and all but if you get to be in your forties and you are still going on about how you were the first to review and 100% this game  ...  then your life has not gone to plan :D
    Lol, Catherine is already making me think about quiting video games all together right now! :p  

I do wonder what life is gunna be like in my forties, hmmm... actually Jeff Gerstmann is gunna be 40 in 4 years, as of today (isn't it his 36th birthday today), right!?  Think about that for second.  
    yakityyakblah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By yakityyakblah
    @Rolyatkcinmai: Wait people like you exist? So you're the reason I can't get a new 2d Castlevania or Metroid?
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@yakityyakblah said:

@Rolyatkcinmai: Wait people like you exist? So you're the reason I can't get a new 2d Castlevania or Metroid?

Sorry. I would imagine lots of people who don't have nostalgia for those games may not like modern ones. I bought Shadow Complex and really disliked it. If I grew up with Metroid or Castlevania, maybe I'd like it more. I didn't, and I don't.

MyaSharona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MyaSharona

Nicely done. I'm about halfway through the game right now and I am enjoying it a lot.  
    I'm not sure I agree with you 100% about the checkpoints being the reason that some areas are so easy but I'll have to finish before I can fully disagree. =p 

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Luke
    @MyaSharona said:
    Nicely done. I'm about halfway through the game right now and I am enjoying it a lot.  I'm not sure I agree with you 100% about the checkpoints being the reason that some areas are so easy but I'll have to finish before I can fully disagree. =p 
    Thanks!   

I guess I just like my games really difficult, so that when I finish them I actually feel accomplished.  I don't fault games when they're too easy, as far as the score is concerned, I just point it out that I personally wished that ITSP was more difficult.  The final boss was a push-over for instance.  It should have been more epic and at least hand me my ass like 10 times before I'm allowed to win, but I beat him on my first try.  

Anyway, after I wrote the ITSP review I went ahead and started-up Catherine.  My god!  Now that is one hard game!!!   
    MyaSharona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MyaSharona

Haha. I bet that is quite a change.  
    I do agree with you that it is easy, just hadn't connected it to the save points.  
    But as I say, perhaps after completion I will feel differently.   
    Did you try lantern run extensively?  
    Because there aren't a lot of people playing it just yet I haven't given that much of a spin.  
    I am curious about just how crazy it might get with 4 players.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15  Edited By Yanngc33
    @Luke Would you say that the achievements were easy?
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Luke
    @MyaSharona said:
    Did you try lantern run extensively?  Because there aren't a lot of people playing it just yet I haven't given that much of a spin.  I am curious about just how crazy it might get with 4 players.
    Yes!  I dedicated a paragraph to Lantern Run, in my review.  According to the Leaderboards, my friends and I were the first to ever get over 1 million points.  Currently, I'm sitting there at #1.   

@Yanngc33 said:
    @Luke Would you say that the achievements were easy?
    I'd say the Achievements are a 4/10 on the difficulty scale and takes somewhere between 10 - 15 hours to get all 200G.   

2 of the Achievements are very luck dependent, I'd say, and also your team's skill (communication abilities) to be able to get out of unlucky situations.  You may just never get bad luck with the layout though and not need to worry  too much about skill :p  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.