Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iPhone

Platform »

The iPhone is a multimedia multi-touch smartphone created by Apple Inc.

Fellow iOS owners, I badly need free game recomendations

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

So long story short, the place I work at used to be pretty slack in regards to people taking shit to work to pass the time (I always took a flashdrive with a bunch of tv shows on it for example) as long as it didnt interfere with work (in my case I work the graveyard shift so there is a lot of dead time, no pun intended) but lately they are taking a more strict aproach and dont really want people to take anything anymore (even blocking most sites and shit)... except they dont really check phones, so Im now delving into iOS gaming for the first time because I desperately need something to pass the time.

But, I dont want to spend any money, because this will be strictly for work-use a couple of hours a night, I dont intend to play them at home or anything. So,what are in your opinions, the best free iOS games out there? Doesnt have to be popular stuff, if theres some obscure game you think is worth it, let me know.

So far Ive tried PvZ2 (its ok, not really feeling it like the first), Tiny Tower (been playing this the most, well, "playing", its stupidly addictive) and I played a bit of Haunted Hollow, a Firaxis game, which was surprisingly cool, but surprisingly hard >_> So what else is out there, any genre, dont care, throw them at me.

PS: I know im missing out on the best stuff for wanting to stick with free shit, but thats enough for me, at least for now

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The two best games I've played are Rayman Jungle Run, and Where's My Water. I've tried a good hundred or so iOS games, and I keep coming back to these two. I generally don't bother with free games, usually because there are hooks to get you to buy their currency to continue. Pay the $2 and get a good game.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I recommend Tiny Towers.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I like Drop 7 (mostly as a break between other games)...

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By BBAlpert

@chiablo said:

The two best games I've played are Rayman Jungle Run, and Where's My Water. I've tried a good hundred or so iOS games, and I keep coming back to these two. I generally don't bother with free games, usually because there are hooks to get you to buy their currency to continue. Pay the $2 and get a good game.

I second Where's My Water. I also second the preference of just paying a few bucks over constant microtransaction reminders.

Basically what I'm saying is that @chiablo knows what's up.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#6  Edited By Slag

Hero Academy

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Real Racing 3. I kid you not it's amazing. Even I was skeptical at first. Be sure to change the controls in the options menu though because you can have full control of your cars throttle as opposed to the default auto-accelerate.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm a big fan of Triple Town, Spell Tower, and 10,000,000. All basically free or a dollar.

samuelgw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By samuelgw

Watch out for the sales, paid games will bedome free for some days. Last week fifa 14 was free. Awesome game altough i never play those sport games. If you have 3g/4g or wifi at work try blitz brigade or heroes of order & chaos.

godlyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Jetpack Joyride. It's a freemium game that doesn't try to nickel and dime you every chance it gets, it's an incredibly fun game to waste a minute or two while you're waiting for something.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By monetarydread
    • Pocket Mine
    • GT Racing 2
    • Tetris Blitz
    • Real Racing 3
    • Temple Run 2
    • Clash of Clans
    • Riptide GP
    • The Lost City (Myst Clone)
    • The Blockheads (2d minecraft)
    • Robot Unicorn Attack
    • Marvel Puzzle Quest
    • Swordigo
    • Undercroft
    • Lost Winds 2
    • Nimble Quest

I could go on and quadruple the amount of suggestions, but maybe you should randomly download some games. They are free after all.

I highly suggest buying some games though. Warhammer Quest has as much content as most $60 console games. Infinity Blade III gave me over 20 hours of content. There are dozens of incredible Adventure games. I put over 100 hours into Defender Chronicles II (a tower defense game with a level of customization that rivals Disgaea), iDigIt: Expeditions was worth every cent. Lili and Horn are $.99 right now (Canadian App Store at least) and they are phenomenal games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.