Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iRacing

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

iRacing.com is an online simulation racing game for the PC featuring numerous licensed cars and tracks.

120 Minutes of Thunder

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Anyone doing the 120 minutes at Watkins Glen later today?

I haven't practiced much but I'll give it a shot. I love the endurance events. I'll be in the McLaren.

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought about it, but probably not. I don't have enough seat time in the McLaren to do this, though I would love to do an endurance race some time in the near future. Maybe that'll be a hosted race one weekend... ;)

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's going to be an interesting fuel race because a one stopper in the McLaren probably won't cut it on fuel map 1. I haven't done a full test on map 2. My fastest lap in race trim is only a mid 1:46. About to hop in a Q so hopefully I do ok. Fastest are in the 1:43s but I'm not really racing against them anyway. If I Q in the 45s I'll be satisfied.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By slowbird

I think I'm going to try it, but I'm slow as hell. I'm driving the Riley. At least I found a setup on the forums that is stable.

Also, two hours is a LONG TIME to focus on driving fast. It's gonna be tough to manage.

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a 1:45.9 so I'm just barely satisfied. :P The two different events, the Rookie-D and C-Pro, is interesting. It should help the C-Pro race be a bit cleaner but the first 5 laps are still going to be crazy.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By IroN1c

@skullcrushermountain: the McLaren is awesome, put it in a hosted race! Touring Cars "Endurance"! (Like 45-60mins or so, Cadillacs as a free alternative and McLarens for the others).

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@iron1c: That sounds like a good idea! Now, get people to show up for it :D

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By slowbird

I started 3rd in my split, gave up 2 spots a few laps in, then coming through the final turn on about lap 5 or so, I took a bad line, clipped the inside curb, overloaded the suspension and spun down into the pit entrance. :( I was facing the wrong way and took a while to get turned around to go pit and fix some minor damage. After that I only had one minor spin, but I lost about a minute that I could never get back. Otherwise I might have had a top 5 instead of finishing 8th.

I also need to get a better seat before I do a race that long again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.