Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iRacing

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

iRacing.com is an online simulation racing game for the PC featuring numerous licensed cars and tracks.

The Giant Bomb Racing League

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@iron1c said:

I managed a 1:44:606 just now, with iRacing's "realistic" weather. Thats definitely not as fast as the setup goes, depending on driver/weather we could probably drop down to 1:42:xxx.

Well, sounds like I've got a bit of work to do then.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@khann: I decided that I'm going to win tomorrow's race. Don't practice, please.

bifflog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skullcrushermountain: thanks, appreciate it.

may have it fixed though, rolled back to a driver revision I know the game works on and had a longish practice session with no issues. fingers crossed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mouse said:

@khann: I decided that I'm going to win tomorrow's race. Don't practice, please.

I want to win it too :( Need to make up for two poor results. I don't think you'll have to worry though, I can barely break the 44s. I think a high 41 might be possible in cold weather.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: You'll get enough points in 2nd. My turn to win one, Federer. :D

broncosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can someone share a setup for the Monte Carlo SS please. Im really bad at setups and can't find any for tonights track.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

can someone share a setup for the Monte Carlo SS please. Im really bad at setups and can't find any for tonights track.

https://t.co/c99K2pEe0C

All credit for this setup goes to @mouse

broncosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thank you

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I thought that would have been my first win; I had high hopes. Drove really sloppy in the middle of the race and messed up my pit stop. Managed the fastest lap though, that's a first. I think the races at Watkins Glen and Daytona will be more competitive.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

I messed up early in the race, but it was fun trying to catch up. The top 4 cars were really fast and Skullcrusher was also probably fast enough to stay ahead of me until he spun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two course cutting penalties at the start cost me pretty bad. My setup felt much better on heavy fuel, so I think my early pitstop helped quite a bit with my pace; managed quite a few 43s in that middle stretch. Can't complain about 2nd, though.

@iron1c winning two in a row brings him right up to the front in points.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1562  Edited By IroN1c

Pretty uneventful race at the front, after @khann got his two cutting penalties I had to watch out for @mouse who mostly did the same laptimes as I did, I was faster in S1, he was faster in S3. After he did his pitstop I just covered it but didn't take as much fuel which gained a lot of time. Thats bascially it.

@khann said:

And I need those points for the upcoming short ovals as my only chance of a good finish on those tracks is luck and/or a crazy caution. Even if things go horribly wrong in the coming weeks, 2 wins are a good start for the wildcard as well.

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann said:

Two course cutting penalties at the start cost me pretty bad. My setup felt much better on heavy fuel, so I think my early pitstop helped quite a bit with my pace; managed quite a few 43s in that middle stretch. Can't complain about 2nd, though.

And hit list.

broncosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1564  Edited By broncosfan

Im looking to upgrade to 3 monitors but will need to replace my video card but i don't know that much about them so can someone tell me what card would work. Only have about $150 i can spend on this card.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im looking to upgrade to 3 monitors but will need to replace my video card but i don't know that much about them so can someone tell me what card would work. Only have about $150 i can spend on this card.

You may not be able to get a card that can really handle triple screens for that price unfortunately.

broncosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok thanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broncosfan: That said, what do you have at the moment? You might be able to SLI/Crossfire a decent enough setup.

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Motherfuckers act like they forgot about J. #racenotes

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1569  Edited By Mouse

That was probably the best battle I've had ever. Thanks @hayfourzee for a super clean battle. I nearly hit you in the butt a couple times by locking up (and almost blew turn 1 with you next to me; that would have been embarrassing). It sure would have been interesting going into the last chicane on lap 20 for the win, but that doesn't always work out :P No worries, @iron1c, for the Miata crash; it happens. I was slow due to joining during qualifying and was lucky to have the lead there (you ate a pretty big gap to get me also). I definitely should have blocked the shit out of you when we drove to the line though.

Nice to finally get a win; I can enjoy the races a bit more now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Completely unexpected spin killed my race, but ah well. Would have been a pretty cool 3-way fight by the end of the race I think. Nice one on the win @mouse. @hayfourzee sneaks his way into the lead with the consistency there.

Sorry again to @iron1c for punting you off, was completely caught out by your braking point. Should have known better than to follow that close when I have no idea where the person in fronts braking point is.

owenbutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1571  Edited By owenbutler

Nice win. Nice race.

Was great to join you guys for a race finally. I'm happy I had a clean/slowish run!

broncosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann would this video card work http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202087

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to put up a hosted practice session for GBGT this afternoon at 5 PM EST. Everyone's welcome.

ABQautoxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to run in the GBGT league. :)

Tom R

sebw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a thing I had to go to which meant I was too late for GBGT today but it did mean that I got to watch both Khann's and iron1c's pit exits and a pretty exiting finish to that race, it sucked to see you both get course cut penalties but you really have to push to keep up with Charlie, congrats to him for the win.

Also I just noticed that the time is different for everything going forward, must be daylight saving there which will unfortunately mean I might not be able to make it to GBGT any more since I finish work at 7:30 your time :( If I rush home I might be able to register but I likely won't be able to qualify (not that I qualified well anyway....)

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Just because it's getting a little out of hand and mistranslated based on its original intent, I'm going to rescind the "Everybody gets one" deal for the black flag clears on bullshit improper pit exits in GBGT. I think my spin trying to clear one today makes up for any gain I had by doing that at Daytona, and if there's disagreement there...well, I'll just black flag myself at Summit Point to make up for it.

That said, hopefully we can draw back the numbers we had at Watkins Glen in two weeks. ANYONE subscribed to iRacing will be able to attend the GBGT Summit Point race on March 9th, so there's really no excuse to pass it up if you can make it.

BOMBCAR at Bristol, Formula Duder at Charlotte, and the debut of GBF1 next week. I'm a little apprehensive about how GBF1 will go with Star Mazdas, but hopefully it's all right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a great race. Had some good close racing with @slowbird , @charlie_sears , and @iron1c . Couple of silly mistakes (surprise, surprise) cost me a chance at the win there, but I'm happy with 3rd all things considered.

@pseg Thank you again, seriously. That black flag would have ruined my race, and I'm really sorry clearing it ruined yours. The tolerance for slowing down to clear those flags is really shitty; I must have dropped close to 5 seconds trying to clear it.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a really good race; I just wish iRacing would fix their godawful black-flag system because it almost makes tracks like Spa useless in some cases. Oh well, still a good weekend of racing.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slowbird: You just need to know where you can take the incidents :D

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann said:

That was a great race. Had some good close racing with @slowbird , @charlie_sears , and @iron1c . Couple of silly mistakes (surprise, surprise) cost me a chance at the win there, but I'm happy with 3rd all things considered.

@pseg Thank you again, seriously. That black flag would have ruined my race, and I'm really sorry clearing it ruined yours. The tolerance for slowing down to clear those flags is really shitty; I must have dropped close to 5 seconds trying to clear it.

7.1.1.3. Cutting the Course – Drivers gaining an advantage by following a course

configuration other than the one specified for the event will be assessed a

black flag Stop-and-Hold penalty by Race Control, with the duration of the

hold being equal to the illegally gained time advantage plus 15 seconds. Any

other cutting the course infractions will result in a furled black flag warning

and the driver will have 15 seconds to slow down and comply before being

assessed a black flag Stop-and-Hold penalty by Race Control, with the

duration of the hold being equal to the illegally gained time advantage plus 15

seconds.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann said:

7.1.1.3. Cutting the Course – Drivers gaining an advantage by following a course

configuration other than the one specified for the event will be assessed a

black flag Stop-and-Hold penalty by Race Control, with the duration of the

hold being equal to the illegally gained time advantage plus 15 seconds. Any

other cutting the course infractions will result in a furled black flag warning

and the driver will have 15 seconds to slow down and comply before being

assessed a black flag Stop-and-Hold penalty by Race Control, with the

duration of the hold being equal to the illegally gained time advantage plus 15

seconds.

Not sure what you're pointing out here? My stop-and-go was 17 seconds, which means by those rules, I should only have had to slow down and drop 2 seconds.

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: Yeah, that's the problem. The furled flag is a kind of bullshit "eh, lose whatever time we feel like penalizing you for" but it's always less than the time it takes to do the stop and go. So ALWAYS just slow down and take that time rather than pushing it, since you'll lose way more time with the black flag.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll have to start practicing for GBGT, but I'm super lethargic on Sundays. I had a terrible start but the first few laps were fun to try and get around a few guys.. then I spun into the wall. The next couple GT races should be very interesting: bumpy and narrow short tracks. It'll be grand!

We have three Charlotte draft battles on Saturday, so everyone needs to get in those races! Even the EuroCup race, get in there!

Finally: POINTS STANDINGS!

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feels great having a good position in both new series. My FD season is going TERRIBLE so far though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charlie_sears Just watched your Spa video, great as always. No idea how people like yourself and @pseg can talk so much and stay on the track.

Re: including our voice chat.. I know your viewers aren't huge on bad language, and we aren't always super clean. Not that we're completely awful, but something to consider I guess.. Re: oval racing, don't forget that we run the BOMBCAR series for some competitive but still friendly fun.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

So I'm not quite sure how it's going to affect my schedule as of yet, but from March 10th to March 14th, I'll be on a business trip in New York. Flights between Detroit and New York kind of suck in their timing, so it's quite possible I'm going to miss the Summit Point GBGT race, and even more likely I'll miss the BOMBCAR race at Irwindale.

In either case, once I have my itinerary worked out I'll designate a few fill-in admins for any races that I miss. Not that they'll be needed, but just in case.

kilroy41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keen for some good racing!

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally fixed the that graphical issue I've been having; all is back to normal. That means I can make some new paints for my cars, and resume BOMBCAR videos.

Have you guys done any laps at Suzuka in the Star Mazda? I definitely see why some people don't enjoy driving the car after experiencing NTMv5, but it's still fun in my opinion. Hopefully there's a decent turnout for the race on Sunday.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mouse said:

Finally fixed the that graphical issue I've been having; all is back to normal. That means I can make some new paints for my cars, and resume BOMBCAR videos.

Have you guys done any laps at Suzuka in the Star Mazda? I definitely see why some people don't enjoy driving the car after experiencing NTMv5, but it's still fun in my opinion. Hopefully there's a decent turnout for the race on Sunday.

Hooray, BOMBCAR recaps! What was the graphical issue?

No laps done for GBF1 yet. The Star Mazda is pretty perfectly suited to Suzuka though, I imagine.

Pretty damn keen for a weekend of dumb oval racing.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: Well, here's what did it: Last week I updated my video card drivers through AMD's Catalyst software (which did nothing). Tonight I uninstalled that software (and it did something to my drivers), and then the problem was fixed. I love computers.

Suzuka in the SM is much less frighting than the Skippy, for sure. You still slide around a bunch, but it's way more controllable. I do think some people will have spins; lose focus and the car will bite (I crashed it a lot). Should be a good time. And hell yeah I'm super excited for three full-throttle Charlotte races!

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: Not sure if I'm going to show up for any races this weekend. But if I do, it'll only be VinnCo or FD.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: Sorry. Give me NTMv5 or give me death!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: Short ovals are the worst.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1596  Edited By Mouse

@skullcrushermountain: It's Bristol; what's wrong with you? Not to mention we're your friends, and it hurts our hearts when you don't race. Why do you hurt us?

:(

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BOMBCAR practise session happening until the race starts, for anyone who want to jump in.

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we need to have a seminar on "How to hold your goddamn line."

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1600  Edited By slowbird

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.