Alternate Universe Gerstmann Sighting?

Posted by Mathey (412 posts) -

So, I was watching Have Gun Will Travel (or HGWT, as the kids like to call it) on Netflix last night, and there was an episode called "Last Laugh" which featured a simple-minded character named Jud. Jud was portrayed by an actor named Peter Whitney, who apparently did a lot of character work in '50s and '60s TV shows, especially westerns. I bring this up because...well, look at this image of Whitney from another role: 

What?
Now consider this picture I found on Google from an episode of Beverly Hills he appeared on: 

Anime is for Jerks!

If I was more tech savvy, I'd screencap some of the images of Whitney as the hapless Jud from that HGWT episode, because they look just like Jeff doing his famous "Dumb Guy" impersonation.  

Here's another Whitney image just for kicks: 

That's the WORST! 
#1 Posted by Mathey (412 posts) -

So, I was watching Have Gun Will Travel (or HGWT, as the kids like to call it) on Netflix last night, and there was an episode called "Last Laugh" which featured a simple-minded character named Jud. Jud was portrayed by an actor named Peter Whitney, who apparently did a lot of character work in '50s and '60s TV shows, especially westerns. I bring this up because...well, look at this image of Whitney from another role: 

What?
Now consider this picture I found on Google from an episode of Beverly Hills he appeared on: 

Anime is for Jerks!

If I was more tech savvy, I'd screencap some of the images of Whitney as the hapless Jud from that HGWT episode, because they look just like Jeff doing his famous "Dumb Guy" impersonation.  

Here's another Whitney image just for kicks: 

That's the WORST! 
#2 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -

eh kinda..... a girl i work with, her dad looks EXACTLY like jeff.

That shit creeps me out...whatever

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

He looks a bit like Jeff, I guess.

#4 Posted by TyrellOCP (327 posts) -

Give it a couple of year and this blog will be oddly prescient.

#5 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

I can kinda see it in the first picture. The other two look nothing like Jeff.

#6 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

No.. I don't see it.

#7 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -
Nope
#8 Posted by TooWalrus (13136 posts) -

I think Jeff looks kinda like this dude

#9 Posted by Castiel (2528 posts) -

I took a shit this morning which I think looked kinda like kingtern Matt Bodega.

#10 Posted by project343 (2812 posts) -

He has glorious eyebrows.

Just sayin'.

#11 Posted by Lucien_Lachance (207 posts) -

I love how in every "this person looks like X staff member" thread, everyone's immediately like "Nope, looks nothing like him." I see it though.

#12 Posted by dr_mantas (1794 posts) -

Well Jeff is obviously a time traveler. Everyone knows that.

#13 Posted by avantegardener (1108 posts) -

That is all.

#14 Posted by Brodehouse (9586 posts) -

If you want to look like Jeff, get some prominent eyebrows, bug your eyes out and put on a screwface.

#15 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Sorry, I'm not quite seeing it.

#16 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

@Lucien_Lachance said:

I love how in every "this person looks like X staff member" thread, everyone's immediately like "Nope, looks nothing like him." I see it though.

Yep, that's typically the trend. There are some where it actually DOESN'T look like the person in question, but even when it does (in this case), people are always like "NO WAY, DEWD". Maybe it's because they don't wanna offend Jeff or something? I don't get it.

#17 Posted by Maluvin (264 posts) -

I can see it. Give it 10 or 20 years.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.