Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jet Set Radio

Franchise »

Jet Set Radio is an unconventional platforming roller-skating series that involves the player in creating graffiti on key locations throughout a futuristic and lavishly designed Tokyo. It is also the first video game to feature cel-shaded graphics.

Where's My HD Collection?

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy

Do you know where it is?

I would like to have a HD collection of two games - one of them I consider to be one of my most favorite game. It'd be a good way to try to get Sega to make another sequel, hopefully a true sequel to the original I mean that second game was just a retelling of the first (no hate for the second game though), if the HD collection sells well enough. 

Even though I already own the first two games, the thing that can get me interested is the deluxe version of the original game that never came out in America (It only came out in Japan and Europe), and I'm an American. Sometimes I think that you British people get everything nice =(. It has to be the deluxe version of the game and not the original US version or Sega can suck it. 

What are your thoughts?

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By august

They'd rip out all pf the original songs. Look at Crazy Taxi.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By EuanDewar

Yo, great Britain ain't all that great G.

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Juicebox

Yeah man , i think they released Crazy taxi just to shut us up and not ruin our memories.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Sooperspy

JSRF isn't a port? I thought they were both the same games.

Edit: Yeah, checked the wiki, and JSRF is a remake, so why would they release a HD collection of both. Releasing an updated JSRF for $15 on XBLA and PSN would be good.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Hector

I think digital only release would be good enough.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MiniPato

Give me a new Jet Set Radio on the Vita or something!

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MiniPato

@Redbullet685 said:

Edit: Yeah, checked the wiki, and JSRF is a remake, so why would they release a HD collection of both. Releasing an updated JSRF for $15 on XBLA and PSN would be good.

I only played JSRF, but from what I saw of the quick look, both play pretty differently with the tagging mechanics. The levels, while still in Tokyo, are completely different it seems, with JSRF being in the future and all and JSR being present day. So I'd say it is most definitely a sequel and not a port.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Dany

They are different games. With that said, Bring JSRF to the modern age, for the love of god!

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
    @MiniPato said:

@Redbullet685 said:

I only played JSRF, but from what I saw of the quick look, both play pretty differently with the tagging mechanics. The levels, while still in Tokyo, are completely different it seems, with JSRF being in the future and all and JSR being present day. So I'd say it is most definitely a sequel and not a port.

It's a retelling, not a sequel. I believe one of the developers of JSRF even said that. If you ever get to play the first game, you'll notice that the story is pretty similar to JSRF, it even ends on a similar note. Also, a good chunk of the music of JSRFare remixes of music from the first game. 

An HD collection is a better route to take in my own opinion, I want both games. I just want that to sell well in order to spark interest for a direct sequel to the original. And please, no shady deals, I just want a good value.
    BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BrickRoad

I don't remember a Deluxe Jet Set Radio coming out over here... are you sure it wasn't a Japan only game? Also, JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
    @BrickRoad said:

I don't remember a Deluxe Jet Set Radio coming out over here... are you sure it wasn't a Japan only game? Also, JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

From what I read, it says that it came out in Japan and Europe. The deluxe version has four added music tracks and supposedly that the controls are improved. 
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Karl_Boss

I can't see that happening.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By GunstarRed

There were some screenshots a couple of years ago of Jet Set Radio on XBLA, but it seems they never got around to putting it out.

edit -

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.