Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Journey

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 13, 2012

Journey is thatgamecompany's third release for Sony. Roam the lands discovering the history of an ancient civilization on a trek toward a distant mountain. Go at it alone or explore with strangers online.

Best PS3 Game? (Spoiler Alert)

Avatar image for blastprocessing
    BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BlastProcessing

I purchased and played through this game last night and WOW! I mean, the PS3 is stacked with phenomenal exclusives, but never has one blown me away like this. It's the most beautiful game I've ever played on the system, it has the best online on the system (hell, I think it's the best online I've ever played on any platform, seriously, the bond you have with the other player going on this magical trek and only communicating with the O button is the strongest I've ever had in an online game).

This might be a spoiler (hence the warning in the title), but the leviathan creature in the sky might be the greatest antagonist I've encountered on this console. My jaw was consistently dropped throughout, and remained that way hours after it was all over. Only GTA IV and Deus Ex, and Heavy Rain have ever done that to me before this game. Not to say I'm an emotionless machine, but it's rare that a game can touch me emotionally. Journey did not just touch me, it grabbed me. It lifted me up, threw me back down, then lifted me up higher, and never cheated in doing so. I think this is without a doubt in my mind the Best PS3 game I've ever played.

Anyone in agreement with me over this, or am I just spewing hyperbole?

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Deusx

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it. Personally I can't wait to play it. Looks like a nice experience.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RE_Player1

It might not be for everyone but I have to say Journey is my favorite PS3 game without question, the Journey I had with my partner was amazing and unforgettable. One of the best gaming experiences of my life.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RE_Player1

It might not be for everyone but I have to say Journey is my favorite PS3 game without question, the Journey I had with my partner was amazing and unforgettable. One of the best gaming experiences of my life.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Phatmac

Snake would disagree :P

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By zonikjj

Journey is one of the best PSN games without a doubt. It's not the best PS3 game though; not even close.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.