Soc. Psych. Project: A Survey of Journey Players

#1 Posted by BadOrcLDR (178 posts) -

OK, so I kind of, sort of need some help.

I'm a psychology major and need to conduct a survey on something within the parameters of social psychology. Originally I wanted to do a survey on how gamer's perceive violence in other forms of media (i.e., movie violence). After playing Journey, however, I decided to alter my idea. I'm curious how people perceive Journey.

The point of the survey is to show how a non-violent game can be and is viewed by the people who play it. I'm also hoping to show that people who otherwise enjoy "violent media" can also enjoy a game where there is practically no violence and little if any competition.

The survey can be done here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/86PBN63

It's only 10 questions long, totally anonymous, and the results will greatly help me.

#2 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

Did the survey. If you can still edit that thing, the "Other" options need a radio button. Otherwise, you're forced to select one of the options above it before finishing it.

#3 Posted by BadOrcLDR (178 posts) -

@Ubersmake: Appreciate your help! I tried to fix the problem, but unfortunately since people have already answered the question I cannot alter the answers. The only thing I could do was remove the "other" category, which is unfortunate. My apologies for that.

#4 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2688 posts) -

Filled it out.

#5 Posted by BadOrcLDR (178 posts) -

@Rolyatkcinmai: Thank you, I truly appreciate it!

#6 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

I wish I'd played Journey so I could fill it out. My girlfriend is a social psych grad student and I like to take part in these projects when I can. I know how it can be difficult sometimes to find enough participants.

#7 Posted by BadOrcLDR (178 posts) -

@louiedog: I like to think I'm slightly luckier than some of my classmates. I have a community like GB to come to and ask for help, most of them are walking around downtown trying to get people to fill out surveys.

#8 Posted by Joker369 (877 posts) -

Finished it.

I think Journey is one of those games that transcends genres and is something that pretty much anyone can enjoy. Good luck on the project.

#9 Posted by BadOrcLDR (178 posts) -

@Joker369: Thank you! I would tend to agree. I cannot find any other recent games that does exactly what Journey seems to want to do and, in my opinion, is able to achieve.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.