Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jurassic Park

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Telltale Games continue on from the events of the first Jurassic Park film with this cinematic adventure game.

Horrible lagg on PC

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By rethla

Does anyone else experience that?

I feel like im having an more than deacent PC to run this with and the lagg doesnt seem to change whatever graphic setting im running it on. Also the lag doesnt seem to be FPS lagg but more like som serious streaming issues. Is an state of the art SSD disc the only way to run this game properly or what?

Im playing on Win 7 64bit, C2D E8400, 4Gb RAM and HD 6970 2Gb graphics. All latest drivers

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

You actually bought that game?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zeforgotten
    @TheDudeOfGaming said:
    You actually bought that game?

Lots of people did, I did, it's not a terrible game.  

Best Jurassic Park game is still Operation Genesis though
    Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#4  Edited By Sin4profit

I feel like i get a lot of lag with Tell Tale games. At least i did with Back To The Future.

h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By h0lgr

Don't use Vertical Sync, (V-Sync). Just turn it off. Also, it's probably your processor that slows you down the most, but it should run okay.
    You also fail to mention if it's a desktop or laptop, this makes a huge difference since the laptop versions of the processors and graphics cards are different and less powerful than the corresponding desktop versions.

Also, how goddamn long is it gonna take before everyone in Sweden understands how to spell LAG?
    För helvete. LAGG = SVENSKA, LAG = ENGELSKA.
    Enkelt.

"Also the lag doesnt seem to be FPS lagg" - du lyckas ju till och med själv skriva in det på två olika sätt i samma mening. 
    Helt otroligt.

TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @ZeForgotten: Hm, a certain video game magazine had me believe that it's a God awful game, my bad i guess.
    Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZeForgotten: The game is decent I'll agree with you, it just seems a lot of people ended up sounding maybe a bit more negative than they intended, giving the game a worse reputation than it deserves.

Oh and Operation Genesis absolutely awesome. You people should go play that if you want a great Jurassic Park game.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zeforgotten
    @TheDudeOfGaming: Sure hope they don't write "You know what's awesome? Jumping off a bridge head first down onto concrete and then have 5 friends come stab you with knives" in there somewhere one day. 

@Village_Guy: Some of those people apparantly haven't even played it, it seems. That's like me saying "You know one of those new games being announced at the VGAs? It controls badly and the story is dumb. I know nobody has played it, but I just know it sucks because it will.. That's why"  
    I would love a new Operation Genesis now that I think about it. 
    rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rethla

@h0lgr said:

Don't use Vertical Sync, (V-Sync). Just turn it off. Also, it's probably your processor that slows you down the most, but it should run okay.
    You also fail to mention if it's a desktop or laptop, this makes a huge difference since the laptop versions of the processors and graphics cards are different and less powerful than the corresponding desktop versions.

Also, how goddamn long is it gonna take before everyone in Sweden understands how to spell LAG?
    För helvete. LAGG = SVENSKA, LAG = ENGELSKA.
    Enkelt.

"Also the lag doesnt seem to be FPS lagg" - du lyckas ju till och med själv skriva in det på två olika sätt i samma mening. Helt otroligt.

Its a desktop PC and by using both spellings that should make everyone happy right? :)

TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @ZeForgotten: Jokes on you, i already did that, and that already happened to me.
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Dagbiker

I had lag in some parts, but not too noticeable.

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By sopachuco13

It lags like a bitch on PS3 too.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Justin258

Lower the settings?

Also, you might want to think about a processor replacement. I don't think that processor would cause it to lag that much, but it is a comparatively weak processor. Graphics card is fine, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.