Horrible lagg on PC

#1 Edited by rethla (447 posts) -

Does anyone else experience that?

I feel like im having an more than deacent PC to run this with and the lagg doesnt seem to change whatever graphic setting im running it on. Also the lag doesnt seem to be FPS lagg but more like som serious streaming issues. Is an state of the art SSD disc the only way to run this game properly or what?

Im playing on Win 7 64bit, C2D E8400, 4Gb RAM and HD 6970 2Gb graphics. All latest drivers

#2 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

You actually bought that game?

#3 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@TheDudeOfGaming said:
You actually bought that game?

Lots of people did, I did, it's not a terrible game.  

Best Jurassic Park game is still Operation Genesis though
#4 Posted by Sin4profit (2921 posts) -

I feel like i get a lot of lag with Tell Tale games. At least i did with Back To The Future.

#5 Posted by h0lgr (908 posts) -

Don't use Vertical Sync, (V-Sync). Just turn it off. Also, it's probably your processor that slows you down the most, but it should run okay.
You also fail to mention if it's a desktop or laptop, this makes a huge difference since the laptop versions of the processors and graphics cards are different and less powerful than the corresponding desktop versions.

Also, how goddamn long is it gonna take before everyone in Sweden understands how to spell LAG?
För helvete. LAGG = SVENSKA, LAG = ENGELSKA.
Enkelt.

"Also the lag doesnt seem to be FPS lagg" - du lyckas ju till och med själv skriva in det på två olika sätt i samma mening. 
Helt otroligt.

#6 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
@ZeForgotten: Hm, a certain video game magazine had me believe that it's a God awful game, my bad i guess.
#7 Posted by Village_Guy (2537 posts) -

@ZeForgotten: The game is decent I'll agree with you, it just seems a lot of people ended up sounding maybe a bit more negative than they intended, giving the game a worse reputation than it deserves.

Oh and Operation Genesis absolutely awesome. You people should go play that if you want a great Jurassic Park game.

#8 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@TheDudeOfGaming: Sure hope they don't write "You know what's awesome? Jumping off a bridge head first down onto concrete and then have 5 friends come stab you with knives" in there somewhere one day. 

@Village_Guy: Some of those people apparantly haven't even played it, it seems. That's like me saying "You know one of those new games being announced at the VGAs? It controls badly and the story is dumb. I know nobody has played it, but I just know it sucks because it will.. That's why"  
I would love a new Operation Genesis now that I think about it. 
#9 Posted by rethla (447 posts) -

@h0lgr said:

Don't use Vertical Sync, (V-Sync). Just turn it off. Also, it's probably your processor that slows you down the most, but it should run okay.
You also fail to mention if it's a desktop or laptop, this makes a huge difference since the laptop versions of the processors and graphics cards are different and less powerful than the corresponding desktop versions.

Also, how goddamn long is it gonna take before everyone in Sweden understands how to spell LAG?
För helvete. LAGG = SVENSKA, LAG = ENGELSKA.
Enkelt.

"Also the lag doesnt seem to be FPS lagg" - du lyckas ju till och med själv skriva in det på två olika sätt i samma mening. Helt otroligt.

Its a desktop PC and by using both spellings that should make everyone happy right? :)

#10 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
@ZeForgotten: Jokes on you, i already did that, and that already happened to me.
#11 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

I had lag in some parts, but not too noticeable.

#12 Edited by sopachuco13 (392 posts) -

It lags like a bitch on PS3 too.

#13 Edited by believer258 (11775 posts) -

Lower the settings?

Also, you might want to think about a processor replacement. I don't think that processor would cause it to lag that much, but it is a comparatively weak processor. Graphics card is fine, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.