Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Just Cause 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 23, 2010

Rico Rodriguez returns to explore another autocratic island nation in this explosion-laded followup to Just Cause.

The radio station is the BEST part about this game!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Anybody else notice it? its hilarious! the news reporter is totally sarcastic and eerie, saying things like   

• "Unconfirmed rumors confirm that..."   
    • "Rumors about the terrorism attacks led by the terrorist knows as (...) have been denied by the Prime Minister. He said (...) is totally fictional and will be dealt with once found"  
    •  "Rumors that (...) was seen running naked while firing at the military forces have been confirmed"
     (something like that) 

Apart from the random and amusing news reports, this game is fucking PIMP, its fucking MONEY, i was SO wrong to doubt it and ive been playing for like 24 hours nonstop.. The action/stunts, though consist of a specific formula, NEVER get old and the results always vary!

Panau is a damn beautiful island with big rocky mountains and fields and rivers and lakes and snowy mountain tops etc.. Espicially the water. My god is it MARVELOUS ! it looks so pure and the swimming/diving are such a blast, not to mention all the boat action.. ive had some of my whackiest moments fucking around with boats.
    you can jump from one atmosphere to the other without even noticing. Army bases and civilian villages are scattered everywhere for you experimenting pleasure, the driving is totally MAD and the whole thing is one big fucking box of candy... 

Like  TheMustacheHero once said, "Adding pictures to your thread makes it legit".. Some of the wisest observations ive ever encountered.

So yeah, to anyone who doubts the game will deliver (or continue to deliver after a couple of hours) like i was before playing the game, you-are-wrong! you'll spend hours fulfilling your sickest dirtiest nastiest over-the-top-action fantasies and you wont be able to effing stop!! 
     Not to mention the hysterically... cliche voice acting. They don't even manage to pull it off :D 

P.S. see what i did thar? The title and topic intro were about a very little and specific thing about the game, but then i went on to talk about the game itself! im cool.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Ahmad_Metallic:  100% agreed.  Just Cause 2 is an example of good game design all round.
    FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FirePrince

If only the game would start reasoning with me and run at 50 fps like it did THREE DAYS AGO.No game,I am not enjoying the lag.Why did you kick me in the balls?
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ProfessorEss

It just gets better and better as I get slicker with the controls.

This is my kind of game. Endless open wandering, exploring, collecting, blowin shit up, and man oh man the island looks good while yer doing it.

...and yeah, the radio broadcasts are awesome. Tho I might say the day/night cycle visuals are my favourite part of the game - so superbly done.

SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SammydesinasNL

How much of the playable area feature stuff to do?
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @SammydesinasNL said:

" How much of the playable area feature stuff to do? "

It's pretty packed with stuff.
    There are (I believe) 398 locations to discover and explore on the map. Everything from big cities, to military bases, to tiny villages.
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By raiz265

the radio station reminded me of the radio station in tropico 3... that one is awesome :D

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Capum15

It's epic.

I also love the radio dude. The things he says are hilarious.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @raiz265 said:
    " the radio station reminded me of the radio station in tropico 3... that one is awesome :D "
    well i havent noticed that many radio stations in video games but the funniest was GTA IV's
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By raiz265
    @Ahmad_Metallic: yes, sure, but the tropico 3 one is quite similar to the radio in just cause 2 :D
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By MysteriousBob

Its obviously not supposed to sound sarcastic. Why would a propaganda station want to be sarcastic? 

I love this game. Not only does it let you do crazy things, but its design encourages and rewards it. I found an airship with a strip club on it for God's sake.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Donos
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " Its obviously not supposed to sound sarcastic. Why would a propaganda station want to be sarcastic?"
    It's not the reports themselves that are sarcastic, it's the way the reporter says them. I definitely hear a note of sarcasm in his voice, like he knows how BS his reports are.

Anyways, yes, 'tis awesome.
    ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By ectoplasma
    @FirePrince said:
    " If only the game would start reasoning with me and run at 50 fps like it did THREE DAYS AGO.No game,I am not enjoying the lag.Why did you kick me in the balls? "
    Maybe ur HD has less than 10% free space since 3 days?
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Red12b
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @raiz265 said:
    " the radio station reminded me of the radio station in tropico 3... that one is awesome :D "
    well i havent noticed that many radio stations in video games but the funniest was GTA IV's "
    Ohh, I would say the best was GTA 3 though, Chatterbox, I downloaded it and I still listen to it, it is really fucking cool,  

Killer bees lazlow, you can't kill them they're like sheep...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.