Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Just Cause 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 23, 2010

Rico Rodriguez returns to explore another autocratic island nation in this explosion-laded followup to Just Cause.

Wrong way to play Just Cause 2? I think i did

Luck3ySe7en

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Luck3ySe7en

The first 5 hours of JC2 felt fresh and new (i'd never played the first one), then i realized how much stuff there was to collect. I did maybe one agency mission and then went straight into clearing out every city and base there was to blow up. about 50 hours later, i had done most of all there was to do and then finally decided to do my agency missions. Since i had generated so much chaos, there was no break in between missions. I pretty much beat the main story in about an hour and was left very, very disappointed.  Spending hours jumping in and out of military bases trying to find every last collectible just made me feel sick once i was finished. Maybe i should have played more casually and continued the story while i generated chaos. Thats exactly what i did with Red Faction Guerilla, and i loved it. Maybe i took on JC2 with way to much enthusiasm.

Luck3ySe7en

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Luck3ySe7en

The first 5 hours of JC2 felt fresh and new (i'd never played the first one), then i realized how much stuff there was to collect. I did maybe one agency mission and then went straight into clearing out every city and base there was to blow up. about 50 hours later, i had done most of all there was to do and then finally decided to do my agency missions. Since i had generated so much chaos, there was no break in between missions. I pretty much beat the main story in about an hour and was left very, very disappointed.  Spending hours jumping in and out of military bases trying to find every last collectible just made me feel sick once i was finished. Maybe i should have played more casually and continued the story while i generated chaos. Thats exactly what i did with Red Faction Guerilla, and i loved it. Maybe i took on JC2 with way to much enthusiasm.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Sanryd

That's exactly what I did in my playthrough, brief as it may have been, before it was back to GameFly for this one. I got really tired of collecting those stupid little crates all the time. I could of just stopped, but I have a completionist problem...

FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FalconCritical

Indeed - I started clearing towns, collecting crates and faction items to get the achievements, but even now that I have them all its so damned tempting to just drop into any town I pass and clean it out.  I am breaking that up with some faction missions at the moment, which are a welcome change of pace. I really should continue the actual story though.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By ProfessorEss

I played it very similarly too, didn't bother me tho.
    I play it more for the area cleaning and collecting than the (ultra-weak) campaign anyways.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Luck3ySe7en said:
    " The first 5 hours of JC2 felt fresh and new (i'd never played the first one), then i realized how much stuff there was to collect. I did maybe one agency mission and then went straight into clearing out every city and base there was to blow up. about 50 hours later, i had done most of all there was to do and then finally decided to do my agency missions. Since i had generated so much chaos, there was no break in between missions. I pretty much beat the main story in about an hour and was left very, very disappointed.  Spending hours jumping in and out of military bases trying to find every last collectible just made me feel sick once i was finished. Maybe i should have played more casually and continued the story while i generated chaos. Thats exactly what i did with Red Faction Guerilla, and i loved it. Maybe i took on JC2 with way to much enthusiasm. "
    Damn that really sucks for you :(  Good thing i cant stand clearing out locations for more than 1 hour straight, otherwise i'd do what you did. What happens to me is that i clear out several locations, then suddenly get an urge to find underwater black boxes only, then all of a sudden (after i find 5-10) i concentrate on faction missions and beat a few until i fail at one of them so i go for military bases and lots of chaos, and then maybe an agency mission before i quit the game and play it again 2 days later.. 

Thats how its been going for the last month and it feels good and refreshing everytime!
    FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By FalconCritical

I just feel the urge to clear entire islands - races, towns, faction items.  The desert was the first zone I cleared fully, but man it can take ages even when you limit yourself to a given island to cut down on travel time.  I just can't leave a stone unturned...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.