Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Keiji Inafune

Person » credited in 100 games

Keiji Inafune is best known for being the foster father of Mega Man, as well as the producer of the Onimusha, Dead Rising and Lost Planet franchises.

Mega Man 3 Is Keiji Inafune's Least Favorite Mega Man?!!!!

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gunswordfist

I just read about that on his page here and was surprised. MM3 is my second favorite Mega Man. I wonder what he had in mind for the game. I'm betting he wanted players to see more of Protoman's story.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By brukaoru

As written in the wiki, he told Nintendo Power it was rushed out before he thought it was ready. Here's the actual quote:

Inafune explained the reason why is because of "...what went into the game and what was behind the release of the game." He also stated that he was forced to put the game out before he thought it was ready and during the game's production, the developers lost the main planner, so Inafune had to take over that job for completing the game. Inafune concluded, "I knew that if we had more time to polish it, we could do a lot of things better, make it a better game, but the company (Capcom) said that we needed to release it. The whole environment behind what went into the production of the game is what I least favored. Numbers one and two - I really wanted to make the games; I was so excited about them. Number three - it just turned very different."
    gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gunswordfist
    brukaoru said:
    "As written in the wiki, he told Nintendo Power it was rushed out before he thought it was ready. Here's the actual quote:
    Inafune explained the reason why is because of "...what went into the game and what was behind the release of the game." He also stated that he was forced to put the game out before he thought it was ready and during the game's production, the developers lost the main planner, so Inafune had to take over that job for completing the game. Inafune concluded, "I knew that if we had more time to polish it, we could do a lot of things better, make it a better game, but the company (Capcom) said that we needed to release it. The whole environment behind what went into the production of the game is what I least favored. Numbers one and two - I really wanted to make the games; I was so excited about them. Number three - it just turned very different."
    "

Yeah I just read that at Wiki before I posted this thread. It's sad when a developer's vision gets ruined by time constraints.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Dalai

I don't know how you can improve on Mega Man 3.  It seems pretty much perfect for the most part.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gunswordfist

*shakes Dalai's hand* Yeah in Mega Man 3 you got to fight my favorite MM character, Protoman, many times. MM3 is not that far from Mega Man's 2 greatness at all. I'm still guessing that Inafune wanted players to see Protoman's story before the game (which I just readn and LOVED) and his story during the game. I only had a clue about Protoman's storyline after his ending in either Mega Man: Power Battle or the sequel Mega Man Power Fighters (I can't remember which game it was since I got both on the same disc. And that was not much at all. I just really learned about it from the Protoman story that giantbomb has posted:

History

Proto Man is considered to be the "brother" of Mega Man since he was created before him as a prototype combat robot. Proto Man decided to escape from Dr. Light's Lab after he started to distrust Dr. Light, he was the only robot with independence that existed during that time, so he ran away for fear of later being modified by Dr.Light.

By being the first robot created by Dr.Light, he had an imperfect core; this caused him to break down while wandering the world. He was later found by Dr. Wily, which he repaired and modified; this gave Wily a better knowledge of robots to further up his plans of world domination. Proto Man felt indebted with Wily, so he served under him under the alias "Break Man"; until Mega Man 3 in which he discovered the true purpose of Wily and decided to help Mega Man instead (but not Dr. Light).

He first appeared in Mega Man 3 as an enemy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.