Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killing Floor

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 14, 2009

When hordes of failed super-soldiers (the zombie-like "specimens") break out of the labs of Horzine Biotech, it's up to London's finest to put them down in this cooperative survival horror wave-based first-person shooter.

Thinking of getting

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Before I commit. Can someone fill me in a bit more about the game? Like lasting appeal and all that. 

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

*Bump* 

Its 13.39  

Anyone wanna give some feed back? 

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SeriouslyNow

It's not bad but it's also extremely repetitive and very ugly.  There is a community of players though.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By DanielJW

In my limited time with the game I had a lot of fun. There's a unique feel to it. 

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " It's not bad but it's also extremely repetitive and very ugly.  There is a community of players though. "
    How big is the community?  

@DanielJW said:
    " In my limited time with the game I had a lot of fun. There's a unique feel to it.  "
    Do you still play? 
    KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By KarlPilkington

I didn't think it was very good at all, was free on Steam and I got what I expect for £0.
    DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By DanielJW
    @The_Laughing_Man: I don't. Someone on these forums gave me a three day trial or whatever. I played with them a couple times. I wasn't great at it. Seems like it takes a fair amount of skill, especially in later waves. A lot of kiting going on there.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I actually like it quite a bit.  With friends it can be really fun.  Graphics aren't the best in the world, but I don't really care about graphics.  If you play solo it does get repetitive quickly, and I don't play all that much anymore, but I'm pretty sure there's still quite a few people that play it.  There's a kind of interesting class-leveling system as well.  I think it's definitely worth the 14 bucks it is right now.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @xobballox said:
    " I actually like it quite a bit.  With friends it can be really fun.  Graphics aren't the best in the world, but I don't really care about graphics.  If you play solo it does get repetitive quickly, and I don't play all that much anymore, but I'm pretty sure there's still quite a few people that play it.  There's a kind of interesting class-leveling system as well.  I think it's definitely worth the 14 bucks it is right now. "
    Do ya still play? 
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Laughing_Man: On occasion, yeah.  I don't play PC games very often in general though, so it's not a "I don't like playing it much" thing as much as it is "I just haven't played much on PC in a while" thing.  Edit:  If you want to add me on steam, I think my name is "Mitchparris"... I'm not sure though.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @xobballox said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: On occasion, yeah.  I don't play PC games very often in general though, so it's not a "I don't like playing it much" thing as much as it is "I just haven't played much on PC in a while" thing.  Edit:  If you want to add me on steam, I think my name is "Mitchparris"... I'm not sure though. "
    Added
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Laughing_Man: Alright, well I may play some later if you want to/you get the game.  I'm going to head back to bed, as I don't even know why I woke up at 7:30 heh... I stayed up until 4:30 last night.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @xobballox said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: Alright, well I may play some later if you want to/you get the game.  I'm going to head back to bed, as I don't even know why I woke up at 7:30 heh... I stayed up until 4:30 last night. "
    Ya I just grabbed it. Installing now. 
    conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By conker
    @The_Laughing_Man:

I also got a 3 day trial from someone on the forums here, and I must say, from the 3 days I played it, I would say its an average game at most. I didnt like it much, and by the end of the 3rd day, I was already getting bored with it. It takes soem getting used to, and you definetly must play it online. There was a big enough community when I played, and its very much supported by the modding community. Its all round-based gameplay here, and at the end of each round, you have limited time to get your ass to the merchant and buy guns and other items such as armor.  Rounds get progressively harder with different enemy types, until the 11th round where you fight this big dude (forget what hes called).
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By TheHT

Been playing too much single-player games. Sounds like this should satiate my multi-player need for only 5 bucks.

Game alone is $3 on Steam today BTW. 5 if you want all the additional model packs.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By topsteer

I was actually just about to make a thread about the sale. Does anyone know how the community is for this game?

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By M_Shini

Its one of though's games you only ever play multiplayer, don't even touch it on your own. The game does have a strong community around it and the only dlc you ever need to pay for is costumes which u can just ignore obviously. It's defiantly not pretty, its defiantly not special in terms of gameplay and what you do, its a mutant/zombie Wave based shooter that while on the surface seems kinda rubbish it can get quite addicting and for a game that goes on steam sale allot you cant really lose when your buying it for so cheap and ive gotten a good 20 or 30 hour's out of it. Also one of the first games i ever bought on steam.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ravenlight

@TopSteer said:

I was actually just about to make a thread about the sale. Does anyone know how the community is for this game?

A community I'm part of runs two KF servers and they're full of randoms 24/7. The devs are still releasing content for it and I've never joined a server that didn't fill in at most 5 minutes.

It's got a low barrier to entry and a high skill ceiling. Pretty much gameplay for every fan of the "kill all the bad stuff" genre.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.