Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Got my Killzone 2 Promotion code today (Gamestop)

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Jackel2072

So i went to gamestop today to pick up the Killzone 2 demo. When i got to the store i found out it was a promotion code that can't be used until 2-5-09. Normally when i think demo i think disc based and i also think single player demo. The gamstop employe told me however that this is a code for the Mulitplayer Beta ( is that still going on?). So i guess if that's true thats pretty cool! I rather have a Multiplayer Beta then just a small 15 min single player demo.

:EDIT:

i said fuck it and tried the code....yeah it doesn't work yet. That kind of blows

martin023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By martin023

hey dude in what state do you live? 

cuase at my gamstop (in california) all they told me was that i would get an e-mail and asked me for my e-mail. and that i should get the code pretty soon.
    and i wanted to go in the store cause i saw that at gamestop.com they said that starting yesterday they would be giving out the demos in a card. and that people who where going to get e-mailed where going to get it somwhere around next month. but its nice to know that we are all getting it at the same time. i mean its only fair. 
    but yeah i cant wait for it to come out.
    insanegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By insanegamer

thats awesome i hope we get it over here.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

I thought everyone knew the code wouldn't work until early February or did I just assume that?

It's a singleplayer demo. You'll be able to download on the 3rd or 5th of February if I remember. It's not a multiplayer beta; the guy in GameStop was wrong. It's definitely a portion of the singleplayer game.

The demo will be on the PSN for everyone else shortly after the game releases.

:)

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By DragoonKain1687

The Beta is long gone now. Sad though, I was really enjoying it and I never got a chance to play it on my new HD TV, so all I did was play it on an SD.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By get2sammyb
    DragoonKain1687 said:
    "The Beta is long gone now. Sad though, I was really enjoying it and I never got a chance to play it on my new HD TV, so all I did was play it on an SD."
    I just bought a new TV for this game. Well, obviously I bought it for all games but the main reason was for this game.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TwoOneFive

hmmm...i may pre-order. mainly for the fact that a friend of mine leaves for the airforce on februay 17, so he'll never get to play the retail version, so i'd get the demo for him, he's really lookin forward to this game too. 

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gizmo
    get2sammyb said:
    "DragoonKain1687 said:
    "The Beta is long gone now. Sad though, I was really enjoying it and I never got a chance to play it on my new HD TV, so all I did was play it on an SD."
    I just bought a new TV for this game. Well, obviously I bought it for all games but the main reason was for this game."
    Woah, risky move dude, sure the game looks good, but so did K1, hate to break it to you, but that game wasn't too hot.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By get2sammyb
    Gizmo said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "DragoonKain1687 said:
    I just bought a new TV for this game. Well, obviously I bought it for all games but the main reason was for this game."
    Woah, risky move dude, sure the game looks good, but so did K1, hate to break it to you, but that game wasn't too hot."
    I did say I bought a new TV for all my other games too. It's just seeing this on a better TV was a motivator to save.

I don't care if the game plays like crap, although I don't see what correlaton an older PS2 game has with this one.
    Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By DragoonKain1687
    Gizmo said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "DragoonKain1687 said:
    Woah, risky move dude, sure the game looks good, but so did K1, hate to break it to you, but that game wasn't too hot."
    Its a completely different game from KZ 1, I know cause I was in the Beta until 1 month ago.  So, dont speak out of your butt please.
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Jackel2072

I live in MN by the way.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TwoOneFive
    DragoonKain1687 said:
    "Gizmo said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "DragoonKain1687 said:
    Its a completely different game from KZ 1, I know cause I was in the Beta until 1 month ago.  So, dont speak out of your butt please."
    XD
    the funniest part is he is actually saying that all the screen shots, and critic previews are totally redundant. 
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gizmo
    TwoOneFive said:
    "DragoonKain1687 said:
    "Gizmo said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "DragoonKain1687 said:
    Its a completely different game from KZ 1, I know cause I was in the Beta until 1 month ago.  So, dont speak out of your butt please."
    XD
    the funniest part is he is actually saying that all the screen shots, and critic previews are totally redundant. 
    "
    Yeah, I guess the critics and me and you are completely wrong... : /
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By get2sammyb

So my new TV arrived and I realised after seeing Uncharted running on it: I don't give a shit if Killzone 2 plays like the worst game in the world ever. I just want to see things explode.

I think my hype has reached fever pitch.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TwoOneFive
    Gizmo said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "DragoonKain1687 said:
    this is what YOU said right?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.