Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

New Killzone 2 DLC

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ververdan0226

I have to say, Guerrilla is doing a fantastic job of supporting Killzone 2. I really should get on more because it really is a fantastic game, whether you like the controls or not (which I personally don't mind at all)! It adds new maps and new weapons, which seem pretty damn cool, and there's a patch coming as well. Not too shabby. I hope they don't raise the usual $6 price just because it features new weapons, but overall, it probably should be a good purchase.

Link: http://www.destructoid.com/killzone-2-dlc-confirmed-as-napalm-cordite-pack-139325.phtml&?no_cache=1&comment_saved=1#comment-1338400

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By lemon360

for 2 maps? its not worth the price

patrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By patrick

for 2 maps? its worth the price

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cube

Good to see the support.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ververdan0226
    @lemon360: Its not a great price, but fuck off. I'm sure you can find $6 somewhere. People bitch about how it should be $4 or $5, but its not a big difference people, holy shit.  At this point, all you're really doing is splitting hairs to try and find some fault with what is otherwise a good package.

If it was $10 sure, but now you're making comments like this because you agonize over like two fucking dollars is just ridiculous. The package looks good and I personally don't think that should be such a stigma for not purchasing it among people. I mean two dollars, holy shit!
    Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Relys

for 2 maps? its not worth the price

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By PufferFiz

sold

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TwoOneFive

yeah seriously, they do the very best job i've ever seen with constantly updating the game. the do it so soon and so often, sometimes i'm like- woah i wasnt even asking for anything new yet!

i will be getting these- the maps they've been offering, including the ones it came with originally, are among the best i've ever played. i really hope Infinity Ward is watching this and taking notes. 

@Relys said:
    " for 2 maps? its not worth the price "
    did you read the link- thats an excellent amount of new content pal, on top of two new maps! i mean, nobody, like cod4 or waw, comes close to an update of that magnitude. that list is huge and significant. $5.99 price they've been doing is not much at all. the last two updates were well worth it!
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mordukai
    @ververdan0226 said:
    " @lemon360: Its not a great price, but fuck off. I'm sure you can find $6 somewhere. People bitch about how it should be $4 or $5, but its not a big difference people, holy shit.  At this point, all you're really doing is splitting hairs to try and find some fault with what is otherwise a good package.If it was $10 sure, but now you're making comments like this because you agonize over like two fucking dollars is just ridiculous. The package looks good and I personally don't think that should be such a stigma for not purchasing it among people. I mean two dollars, holy shit! "
    Secondly, the maps are really good. Granted that I haven't got any of them yet because I just got into Killzone 2 multi Player so I am still testing the waters but from what I played so far I can say that the original maps are top notch., so in all likelihood that I will get the map packs.

Thirdly, i am really impressed by the rate that GG are crunching out maps. First one was on April 30th. Second one May 20th and I bet this last one will come out by the end of this month. 

Lastly, and I really, really hate to do it to you yet again lemon360, you didn't even played Killzone 2 and you don't even own a ps3 so how can you have such an opinion about a game that you never played?. If you played the game on a friends then pay no heed to this last comment but until you do so you are in no position to have an opinion about a game that you never experienced. Get a ps3 play Killzone 2 Single campaign and the Multi Player and then form an opinion about the game. Whether its a positive one or a negative one I will accept it. 

P.S- I really think you will like the MP because the maps are very good, the gameplay is very polished and the weapons are just fun. And ohh did I mentioned that there is zero lag?.

Future content I would love to see in Killzone 2 Mp is:
    - Level Editor. 

EDIT: the quoting got messed up with the first post so I hade to redo it.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mordukai

MAN GB is messing up my comments as of late. it left out a whole section from my original post. 

What I wanted to say that $6 for 2 maps is actually a good price considering that the Halo 3 map packs each cost 800 MSP when it came out which makes it $3.33 for each map. but in thier defense that did make the lowered the price on the first pack from 800MSP to 600MSP and made the second pack free but this happened due to the...unpopularity, to say the lest...second map pack.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By artofwar420

In an ideal world they shouldn't charge for maps, we've been getting free maps on the PC for ages, still do. But that's how consoles roll now. Just look at CoD4, you paid for it on the consoles, we got the maps free.

- Happy PS3 owner

Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Brundage

meh the multiplayer isn't good enough to justify any amount of money for these maps imo. I wish more games had a trueskill system and mathmaking like Halo and not nearly enough communication for teamates, sad really, it could of been such a great online game with some major tweaking. The gameplay is there but the gameplay is only good for so long.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.