Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Very impressive...

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SpecTackle

Coming from someone who hated the original Killzone, but absolutely loved the Killzone on the PSP I'm very impressed with what Killzone 2 seems to offer. The only hangup I do have is that it feels as if there is no real "hook" to speak of? Perhaps it hasn't been revealed yet, but it really just seems to be a very, very graphically impressive Scifi shooter. If you don't understand what I mean by hook, CoD4 has the ranks and unlocks system that's nearly perfected after appearing in Battlefield 2 originally. Team Fortress 2 is very unique both visually and in terms of gameplay. Gears of War... well, certainly not a strong source of originality, but the cover system and close quarters combat is what seems to draw the biggest crowd. My question is, have I missed something with Killzone 2? I really, really would like to be completely on board with this game, so any points in the right direction is much appreciated.

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By PharoahCapcom

Are you ok?

BUSTA WOLF!!!
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DualReaver

It's looking pretty gray.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

It looks technically stellar, but from what has been shown, there seems to be little in the way of personality in the game. Everything is a shade o grey. I assume that there will be more variety in the final package, but I wonder why they chose to display the bland levels that they did.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpecTackle
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "It looks technically stellar, but from what has been shown, there seems to be little in the way of personality in the game. Everything is a shade o grey. I assume that there will be more variety in the final package, but I wonder why they chose to display the bland levels that they did."
    That's the feeling I got but I hadn't followed it enough to be sure. It's a shame, there seems to be tons of potential in that engine it's running on.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    CynageN said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "It looks technically stellar, but from what has been shown, there seems to be little in the way of personality in the game. Everything is a shade o grey. I assume that there will be more variety in the final package, but I wonder why they chose to display the bland levels that they did."
    That's the feeling I got but I hadn't followed it enough to be sure. It's a shame, there seems to be tons of potential in that engine it's running on."
    Definitely, I just wish there was a little more flavor.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who says this is too gray, obviously has not played the game. The art style fits well, and we are judging off of one level here.

And trust me, the game will have 'personality'. Just watch the recent 1UP GG tour video and you'll understand.

Plus the innovations in CoD4 compared to KZ2 are pretty large. KZ2 has far more 'differentiators' then CoD4 had, yet CoD4 was an excellent game. Wait till Leipzig, seriously this game will be impressive, and many people are overlooking it... greatly.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By DualReaver
    Sentry said:
    "Anyone who says this is too gray, obviously has not played the game. The art style fits well, and we are judging off of one level here.

And trust me, the game will have 'personality'. Just watch the recent 1UP GG tour video and you'll understand.

Plus the innovations in CoD4 compared to KZ2 are pretty large. KZ2 has far more 'differentiators' then CoD4 had, yet CoD4 was an excellent game. Wait till Leipzig, seriously this game will be impressive, and many people are overlooking it... greatly."
    I played the first one? It was quite gray.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Sentry said:
    "Anyone who says this is too gray, obviously has not played the game. The art style fits well, and we are judging off of one level here.

Plus the innovations in CoD4 compared to KZ2 are pretty large. KZ2 has far more 'differentiators' then CoD4 had, yet CoD4 was an excellent game. Wait till Leipzig, seriously this game will be impressive, and many people are overlooking it... greatly."
    PS3 owners aren't overlooking it because it's one of few games coming out, no offense. It's like me not overlooking Escape From Bug Island, except Killzone 2 actually has potential.
    SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpecTackle

I don't even own a PS3 currently, and I was shocked at what I saw from the videos. I watched everything I could about it and read what I could find on it, and I'm still left wondering what will keep people coming back for more after it's been out for 2 or 3 months? Have they dropped hints that more will be revealed at Leipzig? I sure hope so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkthemaniac said:
    "PS3 owners aren't overlooking it because it's one of few games coming out, no offense. It's like me not overlooking Escape From Bug Island, except Killzone 2 actually has potential."
    Few games? Lol. And no, many PS3 gamers are even overlooking it, as just a graphics powerhouse, it's far more then that.

DualReaver said:
    "I played the first one? It was quite gray."

The first one was gray? Obviously you haven't played the first one, it was no more 'gray' then every shooter currently on the market, even.

CynageN said:
    "I don't even own a PS3 currently, and I was shocked at what I saw from the videos. I watched everything I could about it and read what I could find on it, and I'm still left wondering what will keep people coming back for more after it's been out for 2 or 3 months? Have they dropped hints that more will be revealed at Leipzig? I sure hope so."

What will keep people coming back? Multiplayer, trust me. Leipzig they will be showing a lot of MP and SP stuff, hands on with BOTH.
    SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpecTackle

I was talking in terms of multiplayer keeping people coming back. The mere inclusion of multiplayer doesn't guarantee fun. I'll definitely look into what they reveal at Leipzig, I'm skeptical it'll be anything that incredible but who knows, maybe they'll suprise me again.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Helghast = Combine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CynageN said:
    "I was talking in terms of multiplayer keeping people coming back. The mere inclusion of multiplayer doesn't guarantee fun. I'll definitely look into what they reveal at Leipzig, I'm skeptical it'll be anything that incredible but who knows, maybe they'll suprise me again."
    Keep in mind, from their own mouthes, KZ2 online multiplayer makes up at least 50% of the game. Just look at CoD4, or Halo, then look at KZ2s MP.

Think of it this way. Even this aspect alone. In SP, it is extremely fun and satisfying to kill enemies, not only because of the sheer graphical quality of the game (ie realistic blood), but also the hit response system/animations. Transfer this, soul aspect alone, into MP, and you get an shooting experience better then CoD4. Just the shooting, shooting someone down, is fun. In other games, it's the basic stuff, but in KZ2 its an eyeorgasmic expereince.

Add this shooting mechanic, and how its just plain entertaining, to the fact that you have the whole classes system, mix and match, which hasn't really been done before. And the whole clan system and web integration.

It offers more then other multiplayer shooters, and that's only from what we have seen thus far.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sir_Ragnarok said:

"Helghast = Combine"
    How so? And wasn't KZ released a year or so before HL2? :S
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By kush

It looks like it will be very pretty game, but I don't know if there really will be anything that sets it apart from all the other shooter...and after the first game, they still have  a lot to prove.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kush said:
    "It looks like it will be very pretty game, but I don't know if there really will be anything that sets it apart from all the other shooter...and after the first game, they still have  a lot to prove."
    I agree, they still have a lot to prove, just remember the game is still half a year away and that proving has barely even begun, if you know what I mean.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.