Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect Support

Concept »

Kinect is a camera and depth sensor-based peripheral for the Xbox 360 that allows users to interact with and play games using their whole bodies, rather than using a standard controller.

My Video Thoughts on Microsoft. Expect me not being happy.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Edited By turboman

Youtube cut me off because they're bitches, but I get my few points across. I recorded instead of writing because it's faster and less work for me. 

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By turboman

Youtube cut me off because they're bitches, but I get my few points across. I recorded instead of writing because it's faster and less work for me. 

TsuHai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TsuHai

Agreed, games as we know/like em can't be played with this thing. 
    But maybe they come up with something completely new thats fun being played with Kinect - let's wait and see

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @TsuHai said:
    " Agreed, games as we know/like em can't be played with this thing. But maybe they come up with something completely new thats fun being played with Kinect - let's wait and see "
    Maybe they will do something like move does with Socom. I really hope its not fully focused on well....kids. *Child of eden aside. I hate that entire part saved on my computer. That was awesome* 
    gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By gunslingerNZ

What I don't get is why so many people were suckered into thinking this thing would actually be a revolution in gaming that is relevant to the kind of people who go to this site. Like after last years E3 so many people had thoughts along the lines of "oh shit this is totally a game changer!" but surely these sorts of games were to be expected?

I mean yeah maybe in 12 months time there'll be a few interesting titles out for Kinect and Move and there's probably going to be some head tracking integration into games etc (I'm expecting that to be announced for GT5 tomorrow morning by the way) but it's not going to change the landscape of gaming.

Maybe people got too excited by this thing and the prospects of virtual reality type games but the tech just isn't there yet and that's exactly why Milo died a quiet death this year. Things like that aren't possible yet.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zombie2011

I don't get all the hate for Kinect, at least MS is trying something new. It seems to work great and if this thing was around when i was a kid i would have gone bat shit crazy. That being said i'm still looking forward to Kinect, watching those people play those games i thought, i could see myself playing that. All the games look really fun and really simple which is what i want from my games. 

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gunslingerNZ
    @zombie2011 said:
    " I don't get all the hate for Kinect, at least MS is trying something new. It seems to work great and if this thing was around when i was a kid i would have gone bat shit crazy. That being said i'm still looking forward to Kinect, watching those people play those games i thought, i could see myself playing that. All the games look really fun and really simple which is what i want from my games.  "
    Yeah I agree if I was a kid I would have loved those sorts of things. But at the same time I would also have hounded my parents for the past 3 years and probably have gotten a Wii by now. That's the biggest problem for the Kinect really, most people already have this exact same thing. I'm surprised people aren't crying Wii HD like they were after Move's first reveal because that's pretty much what this is.

As far as Kinect games for people like you and me, yeah I guess some of it looks "really fun and really simple" but are you really willing to pay the cost of the hardware to play something fun and simple? There's no way I'll be getting Move on the strength of what they've shown so far even though I already have the PS eye simply because the games aren't worth the extra cost of peripherals.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.