Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

From demo to full version.

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Flaboere

So the game is out in the US, not here in EU, and I'm wondering wether some of the annoying things in the demo were fixed. Mainly, I'm thinking of the graphic bugs and the bad camera control. Can any of the Free Americans inform on their opinions?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By McGhee

I've not noticed any framerate drops, but I have noticed a little pop-in.

My only problem with the camera is that there seems to be no lock-on button which does make it easier for enemies to get between you and the camera.

All in all, I'd say it runs pretty well.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FritzDude

@Flaboere: I am European and I already got the game. And for your concerns:

• Black layers and stretched meshes from the demo seems to be fixed in the full game. And I haven't stumbled across weird graphical issues.
    • Also could you elaborate more on "bad camera". I didn't have much problems in the demo (both 360 and PC), and not much problems currently in the full game.

Also other bugs in the demo such as audio syncing issues, skipping dialogues in cut-scenes and game crashes seems to be fixed aswell in the full game.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By musubi

The camera is the same but graphical issues have been taken care of. Pop-in is present but due to just being limitations of the console hardware if you want greater draw distance play the PC version. No frame rate drops either.

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Flaboere

Well, it sounds like thats ok then. By camera, I meant how in the demo the camera won't actually turn untill your character reaches the very edge of the screen, which was very annoying. Hot damn how I wish the game wasn't that expensive on Steam...

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Storms

Hi, Free American, here. There are still some bugs. Baddies tend to die in awkward positions (between two rocks, on top of something too narrow, etc.) and freak out a bit. The ones from the demo have not returned, though. Audio mostly works flawlessly, except a couple times when Lorestones freaked out on me and faded out at the end. Dialogue doesn't skip anymore but again we have the problem of the ends getting cut off some times. 

The camera is great, no problems there. Graphics; only a little pop-up that's barely noticeable. 

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By project343

@Flaboere said:

So the game is out in the US, not here in EU, and I'm wondering wether some of the annoying things in the demo were fixed. Mainly, I'm thinking of the graphic bugs and the bad camera control. Can any of the Free Americans inform on their opinions?

All the technical issues I was having on the PC are gone. Terrible framerate, inability to enable the post-processing effects, and even the bizarre sound issues--all gone. I never had any issues with the camera, though. It seems mostly serviceable. Then again, I'm playing the game with a 360 controller, so moving the camera around with the second analogue stick isn't really too out of the ordinary. In either case, I don't think the camera controls were changed from the demo build.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Tennmuerti

The post processing graphic bug has been fixed. framerate is fine.

The camera is still shit with very low FoV.

UltimAXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By UltimAXE

Are we talking 360, PC, or PS3 here? Can anyone vouch for the PS3 version?

It's really too bad that the demo was so poor, because it really made me skeptical of a game that I probably would have bought right away.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Dreamfall31

@Flaboere said:

Well, it sounds like thats ok then. By camera, I meant how in the demo the camera won't actually turn untill your character reaches the very edge of the screen, which was very annoying. Hot damn how I wish the game wasn't that expensive on Steam...

That annoyed me too especially with sprinting. But I found if you switch the sprint button from Hold to Press (press once and it runs so long as you don't stop). Then control the camera with the left stick since you don't have to hold down the sprint the whole time. I was honestly on the edge of probably not getting it, but the ability to toggle the sprint made it much much better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.