Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

I fully respect Jeff's ability to have an opinon but.....

• 102 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@SeriouslyNow: Say what?
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Brodehouse said:
    @SeriouslyNow: Say what?
    A Bro-ster says wha?
    Avatar image for sexualbubblegumx
    SexualBubblegumX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Undeadpool
    I like powdered mashed potatoes >.>
    qawsed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By qawsed

@qawsed said:

I'm 25 hours in and game is what you make of it, which is both a strength and a fault. For the people who want to button mash (yes, those people actually exist), they can put everything into melee and not into active effects. For the people who just want to experience the story and never die, there is regenerating armor.

I don't like button mashing, so I went with sorcery. There's lots of combat variation and the lack of armor keeps me on my toes. I'd rather be strong on offense than defense, so I'm not socketing everything with regen gems.

Maybe my tune will change by the end of the game, but Jeff holds some responsibility for the experience he received. If you don't like button mashing your way through easy fights, then don't put everything into button mashy skills and regen armor.

I'm toward the end and my tune has changed. Jeff was right. I didn't listen to his advice to avoid the side quests because I found enough of them to be interesting. Before I had even explored the desert or the right side of the map, I completely maxed out all the sorcery abilities I wanted. At that point the satisfying feeling of RPG growth stops dead in its tracks. The difficulty and excitement peaked early on with the first trolls and brutes. I could literally do the boss battles with my eyes closed at this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.