Selling Stolen Goods?

#1 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

Is there a way to sell items that you acquired through stealing? If so, where?

#2 Posted by ZimboDK (848 posts) -

Yeah, in the Traveler's camps. The merchant there will buy stolen goods.

#3 Edited by Yummylee (21255 posts) -

You can sell stuff to Traveller Vendors. There's a place called Star Camp that'll probably be the most accessible.

If you haven't found it already, it's added to the map once you complete the quest to collect the antelope heads.

#4 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

You can sell stuff to Traveller Vendors. There's a place called Star Camp that'll probably be the most accessible.

If you haven't found it already, it's added to the map once you complete the quest to collect the antelope heads.

@ZimboDK said:

Yeah, in the Traveler's camps. The merchant there will buy stolen goods.

Thanks very much for your responses. I'll check it out :D

#5 Posted by Lnin0 (146 posts) -

If you max out your merchant skill it will allow you to sell stolen goods to any vendor. Otherwise you have to fence them with the Travelers' NPC.

#6 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

Dear RPGs that have stolen good mechanics,

Why can this meat vendor buy my used weapons, random sticks, pieces of lint, and priceless artifacts, but are unable to buy something they can't possibly know is stolen from the basement of some old man on the other side of the world?

Sincerely,

~ Your friendly neighborhood bandit

#7 Posted by Chemin (632 posts) -

@PixelPrinny said:

Dear RPGs that have stolen good mechanics,

Why can this meat vendor buy my used weapons, random sticks, pieces of lint, and priceless artifacts, but are unable to buy something they can't possibly know is stolen from the basement of some old man on the other side of the world?

Sincerely,

~ Your friendly neighborhood bandit

I stand behind this comment.

#8 Posted by Yummylee (21255 posts) -

@PixelPrinny:

Dear Mr/Mrs/Miss Friendly Neighbourhood Bandit

Video games.

Yours Sincerely,

Stupid RPG Tropes Incorporated.

Also does Skyrim still do that? I'm curious to know because Amalur is essentially like the love letter that nobody asked for from RPG development of 2006. Though if even Skyrim carries that dwindling torch, then deary me. Why must this still exist?!

#9 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

@Abyssfull: Touche :P

But yeah Skyrim does it, too. You still hafta find a fence to sell stolen goods (ie the thieves guild) unless you put a ton of skill points into trading or whatever, so that every vendor can buy stolen goods.

#10 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

@Still_I_Cry: Are you a town guard? You have to tell me if your a town guard.

#11 Posted by Lnin0 (146 posts) -

Skyrim tries to employ a more 'realistic' approach to vending which....for everyone that has tired running from NPC to NPC because they only buy back goods they actually deal in....for everyone that has spent weeks sleeping in town waiting for the NPC store owners limited buy-back cash to be refreshed so you can unload the rest of your bags...for all those moments you realize - its nice when something doesn't try to be anything more than a video game.

#12 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@Commisar123 said:

@Still_I_Cry: Are you a town guard? You have to tell me if your a town guard.

No of course not :P

*ehem*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.