No recent wiki edits to this page.
King's Bounty: The Legend is an adventure game with tactical turn-based battles and role-playing elements. In a fairy tale fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages, wise kings and beautiful princesses the player controls a hero. Leading their character through the game world, exploring it, commanding armies in battle and accomplishing various quests can mean great reward or huge defeats.
The gameplay Is divided into two major sections:
- Adventure mode - While playing in adventure mode the gamer controls their character in real-time. With several classes available at the start of a new game, the player moves through the adventure map seeking various treasures, fighting monsters and accomplishing quests tasked to him by the local stewards.
- Battle mode - Once in battle mode the gamer assumes the role of a war chief, leading his troops in tactical turn-based combat. Battles take place on land or sea, in dungeons or castles or even in some items! The hero himself doesn't participate in the combat, but can assist his troops by casting spells or summoning different creatures. Players move around the adventure map in real time, and enemies are visible in real time but when encountered switch to battle mode.
Players may use various methods depending on their class and preference. The knights use a larger amount of troops and get more runes towards might skills. To compensate for their lack of magic they get more rage points to use the "Spirits of Rage". On the other side of the field there is the mage who cannot lead as many troops but rather depends on his magic to buff and de-buff his enemies along with several offensive skills. The mage gets more magic runes. Between these two classes is the Paladin who is not aimed particularly in either direction but is more diverse and recieves more mind runes.
- OS: Windows® XP/Vista™ 32-bit
- Processor: Intel Pentium® 4 2.6 GHz or Athlon 64 2800 (Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or Athlon 64 3200 recommended)
- Memory: 1 GB RAM under XP and 2 GB RAM under Vista (2GB recommended)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 256MB or ATI Radeon X800 256MB or better (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 512MB or ATI Radeon X1900 512MB or better recommended)
- Sound: DirectX version 9.0c-compatible sound card
- Hard Drive: 5.5 GB
- DirectX: DirectX version 9.0c (included) or higher
- Input Devices: OS-supported keyboard and mouse