Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kojima Productions

Company »

Kojima Productions is a development house run by Hideo Kojima. Although the team behind it has worked on several series throughout the years, its line of Metal Gear Solid games is its most famous video game franchise.

Kojima-san Tweets About His Next Project

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Hideo Kojima has posted a couple of Tweets concerning his next project: 

"I'm thinking about the casting for my next title. The project plan still hasn't reached a detailed level, but everything is advancing simultaneously in my head. Title, game design, story, characters, setting research, the mecha that appear, casting, graphic direction, sound, beginning and ending, the major story sequences. It comes together naturally in my head."

"There's still a mountain of PW work piled up, but my head is moving towards 'Next Title Mode.' This is not good."    

http://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/12011951107     

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By animateria

What can it possibly be?

Are the mech designs he's talking about for another ZOE or more Metal Gear?

Perhaps a totally new franchise?

As usual, Kojima creates more questions than answers...

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

It could be ZoE. I've posted a fair few things he's said about the franchise recently.  

Here's one such post: 

Kojima-san has been talking about a potential sequel for Zone of Enders on the official Konami blog, Kojiblog

[Anubis is ZoE in Japan]

"It's a title that even now, six years later, is extremely well received by the press and users. However, due to errors in setting the release time frame, while it was a medium hit, it did not achieve the expected numbers."  

"Everything was due to an error by me, the producer" "At that time, if I hadn't made a mistake with the release date, Anubis might have ended up a major Kojima Productions title to follow MGS, still seeing development as a series." 

"We'd like to make an Anubis sequel at some point. Also, we feel that if we do it, we'd like to make Anubis succeed this time. I already have a game plan and method for sales in my head. However, we don't know if it will be green lighted. The production lines within Kojima Productions are currently full." 

"I cannot make a promise about time. However, I can promise a sequel."    

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Gizmo

Konami should buy Access Games and make Deadly Premonition 2.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Steve_C

Interesting. Were the ZOE games any good, or just appreciated because they were different? I played a demo for 2 back in the day at my cousins before I had a PS2 myself, and I remember enjoying it for what it was. I'll be interested in playing the originals if a 3rd is to come out, but it will be some time before we hear anything solid about this anyway.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Steve_C said:
    " Interesting. Were the ZOE games any good, or just appreciated because they were different? I played a demo for 2 back in the day at my cousins before I had a PS2 myself, and I remember enjoying it for what it was. I'll be interested in playing the originals if a 3rd is to come out, but it will be some time before we hear anything solid about this anyway. "

They are indeed. You should check out a few reviews and take a good look at both games on Youtube. The first game's good, but I much prefer the second (2nd Runner), as do most Kojima fans.  You can see Kojima's hallmarks over both games.

I haven't played the GBA game.
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Steve_C

Thanks. It sounds pretty interesting from what i've read and a bit different to what I thought. I'll say I want to eventually pick these games up then, but realistically I know that i'll never get around to it. I've already got a huge backlog. Maybe it'll be more practical to try and watch a let's play of both games if they are on youtube.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By vaiz

Kojima is making RapeLay 2.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I just want to swim inside Kojima's head.  Might be a rather tantalizing experience.

Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Lawrens

Metal Gear Otacon: Mecha gear action

BraveFart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BraveFart

Kojima is one brilliant genius.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

A Japanese site has made a mock advert for a dating sim: 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.