Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kung Fu Rider

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 17, 2010

A comedic game where players use the PlayStation Move wand to slide around on office chairs and other vehicles and use Kung Fu skills to make some money while avoiding the Triad.

Apparently this game sucks

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By alternate

according to this review - first one I have seen.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/841140-games-review-kung-fu-rider-falls-flat-on-its-face

In Short: Not only the worst PlayStation Move game but probably the worst motion-controlled title ever. Riding through traffic on a real chair would be more entertaining.

Pros: The idea sounds like it would be quite fun if it were an ultra cheap download or a mini-game in some other title. (And it had a completely different control system.)

Cons: Comically awful control system that combines the very worst of motion controls with a horrendously overcomplicated set of inputs. Everything else.

Score: 1/10 

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mesoian

I played a preview build of it a few months back. 

It's not that bad, but after I played it once, I never felt the urge to ever play it again. It would be nice if it was a tie in demo. As a full game, it is not only a failure, but a flopped proof of concept

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By alternate
    Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
    deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

there have been a few less than positive twitter comments about the game as well... 

vaultdweller13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By vaultdweller13

Hmm, it looks pretty fun from what I've seen of it. Don't see why anyone would choose to play as the dude though, given the female character's assets.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShaneDev

It looks like a "hey I threw this together in 5 minutes to test out the move controller" kinda game but I have yet to play it and probably never will.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Djeffers03

It certainly looks it. If it was a downloadable game making such a game would be understandable but making it a disk game is absurd.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I saw the video here on GB.
    It's in the line of Wiisports and more of that simple but fun for a party genre.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead

As a $5 DLC game, it would have been fine but for what it is, it's a waste of money.

ShawnS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 41

#10  Edited By ShawnS

I just got the game recently for about $3 and at that price it is definitely a good bit of fun. It really, really, really should've been a downloadable from the start. It would've helped the load times and the just-one-quick-run approachability. The controls are screwy and maybe not so natural but once you do get hold of things it can be pretty technical and rewarding to pull off a flawless run. Just throwing in my thoughts since I finally got around to finishing the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.