manbot47's L.A. Noire (Xbox 360) review

• manbot47 wrote this review on .
  • manbot47 has written a total of 10 reviews. The last one was for Shank 2

An Excellent First Outing

This game's gonna be compared to RDR a whole heck of a lot and I just don't think that's a fair assessment. RDR is the culmination of years of refinement to the GTA formula that resulted in what can arguably be the finest sandbox experience ever. A more accurate comparison would be LA Noire and GTA 3, two landmarks titles that took elements of previous work to create a new experience in an ocean of mediocrity and recycled concepts.
   The only faults I can come up with are a lackluster ending and that LA Noire has to live up to the Rockstar standard, that by now has become quite a high bar to reach. This is an amazing first display of what this kind of tech can do, and I relish the thought of watching this be further polished.