Integrated GPU question

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Strangestories

I just signed up for the Hearthstone beta which involves downloading a program that posts your system specs on your battle.net account. My laptop has an AMD Radeon HD 7970M GPU in addition to an integrated 7660G. The thing is, the system specs that were posted on my battle.net account only shows the 7660G. Is it normal for the integrated graphics to 'override' the more powerful card in laptops with system checks like these?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Every time you have a mobile version of a desktop graphics solution, the class attached to it is a lie. They are never as powerful as their desktop counterparts.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@greggd: That's not what he's asking

Laptops generally have an integrated chip and a GPU. When it needs the GPU, it switches to it automatically, but I don't think the Battle.net thing recognized it correctly. It just saw the integrated chip. The game itself will probably use the 7970M, and if it doesn't you can force it to.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@believer258: Ah shit, I guess I shouldn't have skimmed this and posted right before a multiplayer match. Sorry...

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Strangestories

@believer258: Thanks! And eh, with a game like Hearthstone it really doesn't matter which GPU is going to be used. I might use the 7660 anyway because of the 7970's fans being so loud.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.