Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Layton Brothers: Mystery Room

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jun 27, 2013

As Alfendi Layton, the son of the famed Professor Layton, players must help the police solve puzzling crimes by examining evidence and piecing information together from within Alfendi's office, nicknamed "the Mystery Room". Originally planned for a Nintendo DS release in 2010, the game was eventually released for the US iOS app store on June 27th, 2013.

One HUGE flaw

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Layton tells you who the murderer is at the start of every case. It's up to you to prove him right. Not much mystery there if you just tell at the start who did it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
    deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Devil is in the Details.

The more I hear of this game the more I think it should have been an Ace Attorney Investigations game...

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By StarvingGamer

You know who the murderer is at the start of most Ace Attorney cases and those games are fucking awesome.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Devil is in the Details.

The more I hear of this game the more I think it should have been an Ace Attorney Investigations game...

Maybe it -is- an Ace Attorney investigations game.

I read a fun little review suggesting as much, spinning a story of Professor Layton's wife cheating on him with Phoenix Wright, leading to this bastard child. It explains why this son is more like the Ace Attorney, and it fits with the fact that Professor Layton never seems to want to talk about his family. Because he is angry and ashamed!

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JZ
    Avatar image for purplemoustache
    PurpleMoustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm up to the last episode of the first pack, and will probably buy the second pack. I have two issues with this game:

1. Its SUPER short. Each case takes maybe 20 minutes, and I think the last one I did took somewhere around 40. Thats good for a phone game, but maybe I have been spoiled by having a 100% save in each Layton game be around 20 hours or so. It just feels very light, and lifeless without the padding that Layton games usually have.

2. Its fairly easy. As long as you are paying attention and you spend a minute gathering each piece of info at the beginning of each case, you should be able to guess each turn. There have been a few times that stumped me, that I can count on one hand, and there is no penalty for goofing up. In other Layton games, your Picrat count would go down, making it harder for you to unlock extra stuff in the extras.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.