Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 08, 2010

Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West is a team-based multiplayer shooter, featuring a Western setting and four playable character classes.

This game LAGS like crazy online... WTF.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jack_daniels

I know I have great internet but the lag on this game is so bad its tough to play... I have an awesome computer and am getting a sweet framerate but I see players shift across at like 5 fps. That means my lag must be something like 200ms. Is anyone else getting rough connection speed in multiplayer? Is there anyway to fix this problem? I play xbox-live all the time with no problems.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Gizmo

The beta is P2P, full game is going to include dedicated servers.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

Yeah, I just played a couple games just now, and things are REALLY rough, which is weird because I didn't have any problems last night.  Maybe they're messing with the servers or something?

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By jack_daniels

Its a cool game but the lag is a game breaker.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

If they don't get Dedicated Servers up by launch, I will regreat buying it just now.  x.x

kpearsall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kpearsall

The CEO of Fatshark has posted on the Steam forum for the game stating that the dedicated server code is one of their top priorities before they ship.  Even so, with the p2p I've found that it's usually not too bad at all.  If you end up in a game that's intolerably slow, just leave the server and join another.  There's plenty available most of the time, even when you're up stupid late like I am.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ryax
    @kpearsall said:
    " The CEO of Fatshark has posted on the Steam forum for the game stating that the dedicated server code is one of their top priorities before they ship.  Even so, with the p2p I've found that it's usually not too bad at all.  If you end up in a game that's intolerably slow, just leave the server and join another.  There's plenty available most of the time, even when you're up stupid late like I am. "
    game is fun as fuck. my friend is usually running a game when we play so its in the same town. pretty damn good ping. were in the same town. but damn. once this game gets its dedicated servers its definitely one of my top 10
    kpearsall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kpearsall
    @Ryax said:
    " @kpearsall said:
    " The CEO of Fatshark has posted on the Steam forum for the game stating that the dedicated server code is one of their top priorities before they ship.  Even so, with the p2p I've found that it's usually not too bad at all.  If you end up in a game that's intolerably slow, just leave the server and join another.  There's plenty available most of the time, even when you're up stupid late like I am. "
    game is fun as fuck. my friend is usually running a game when we play so its in the same town. pretty damn good ping. were in the same town. but damn. once this game gets its dedicated servers its definitely one of my top 10 "
    Yep.  Why is it every time I play, I want to pack heat at Disneyland, though?
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ryax
    @kpearsall said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " @kpearsall said:
    game is fun as fuck. my friend is usually running a game when we play so its in the same town. pretty damn good ping. were in the same town. but damn. once this game gets its dedicated servers its definitely one of my top 10 "
    Yep.  Why is it every time I play, I want to pack heat at Disneyland, though? "
    no idea. but the biggest frustration i have when i play is a trapper who is standing next to me doesnt notice me when im on the ground dying. even when i shooting them they just fail to pick me up and it pisses me the fuck off
    kpearsall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kpearsall
    @Ryax: Just like Jeff said in the quicklook, there are a ton of people that just completely ignore the objectives and their teammates.  It can be very frustrating.

Course, I go out of my way to revive people because I suck ass at actually hitting anything when I shoot at it.  The dynamite is uh, a blast, uh, though.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ryax
    @kpearsall said:
    " @Ryax: Just like Jeff said in the quicklook, there are a ton of people that just completely ignore the objectives and their teammates.  It can be very frustrating.  Course, I go out of my way to revive people because I suck ass at actually hitting anything when I shoot at it.  The dynamite is uh, a blast, uh, though. "
    i havent played that class too much. i mainly play deputy and a little bit of gunslinger. but im always going for revives and returning their flag. because no one seems to realize that thats where they spawn. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.