Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

League of Legends update + more preorder "luck"

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n

So I'm STILL playing loads and loads of League of Legends.  
    After abandoning my level 23 USA account (with 100+ Hours on it) I'm now closing in on the level cap on my EU account. I just hit level 28 and and I've logged over 200 hours on this account now. There are not many games throughout history that has gotten this kind of playtime from me and even fewer of them has been non-MMO's.   
    For anyone wondering I didn't realize there was an EU version of the game at first so I downloaded the US client for free and played with 170-180 in ping for a long time. Then I decided to try out the EU version and actually bought it from Steam. After that there was no turning back. the ping difference leveled me up alot and my current record is something like 37 hero kills in one game.
    I consider myself pretty skilled at this game at this point. I've learned alot of the classes and I play them better than most people I meet online. And in 2 levels I have reached the cap with close to 300 games played. I could never have anticipated LoL doing this to me but it's become my mainstay through all other games for months and months on end now. If anyone is playing I am "Jimbo N" on both the EU and the US servers but I doubt I'll ever go back to the pingtimes of the US one. 
    RIOT keeps updating the game with new champions and balance fixes like crazy and I'm really impressed with the support from them so far. 
    The only bad thing that will probably never let go are all the kids that think they are the best players ever and feel they need to teel everone that and all of the people that can't play the game for shit and blames it on the team during the game. 
    The whining in LoL is pretty bad at times. With people wishing cancer upon each others mothers in all seriousness. I usually completely ignore these people (and my ignorelist is getting preeeetty long now).  Why can't people just have fun in an online competative game? Who do they feel the need to throw blame around and point out how everyone else suck? Now there are some players that really should play some more tutorial games before jumping online but there are loads of level 10 players telling level 30 players how they should be playing and they are so busy doing so that they do nothing but feed the enemy all game long. 
    But I guess going into a discussion on how online communities needs to mature is something that will lead nowhere in the end. 

Outside of LoL my preorder luck continues. I have yet to recieve my copy of Yakuza 3 and instead of recieving my copy of God of War 3 today my order was put on hold in that store aswell. How do I suddenly manage to preorder games from stores that dosen't recieve a big enough shipment? Ugh. So I've decided to cancel that one and go pick up the game "manually" today instead. My cold is back with a vengence tho so actually driving to the store is kinda icky but I guess I need some soda and beers anyways I guess since I'm all out at home. I think today will also be Pizza day for me. So I guess going to buy God of War 3, drinks and a Pizza dosen't sound all bad even if my nose runs like a flushing toilet. I guess going back to my graveyard shifts at work while still being kinda sick was a bad idea.
    jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

So I'm STILL playing loads and loads of League of Legends.  
    After abandoning my level 23 USA account (with 100+ Hours on it) I'm now closing in on the level cap on my EU account. I just hit level 28 and and I've logged over 200 hours on this account now. There are not many games throughout history that has gotten this kind of playtime from me and even fewer of them has been non-MMO's.   
    For anyone wondering I didn't realize there was an EU version of the game at first so I downloaded the US client for free and played with 170-180 in ping for a long time. Then I decided to try out the EU version and actually bought it from Steam. After that there was no turning back. the ping difference leveled me up alot and my current record is something like 37 hero kills in one game.
    I consider myself pretty skilled at this game at this point. I've learned alot of the classes and I play them better than most people I meet online. And in 2 levels I have reached the cap with close to 300 games played. I could never have anticipated LoL doing this to me but it's become my mainstay through all other games for months and months on end now. If anyone is playing I am "Jimbo N" on both the EU and the US servers but I doubt I'll ever go back to the pingtimes of the US one. 
    RIOT keeps updating the game with new champions and balance fixes like crazy and I'm really impressed with the support from them so far. 
    The only bad thing that will probably never let go are all the kids that think they are the best players ever and feel they need to teel everone that and all of the people that can't play the game for shit and blames it on the team during the game. 
    The whining in LoL is pretty bad at times. With people wishing cancer upon each others mothers in all seriousness. I usually completely ignore these people (and my ignorelist is getting preeeetty long now).  Why can't people just have fun in an online competative game? Who do they feel the need to throw blame around and point out how everyone else suck? Now there are some players that really should play some more tutorial games before jumping online but there are loads of level 10 players telling level 30 players how they should be playing and they are so busy doing so that they do nothing but feed the enemy all game long. 
    But I guess going into a discussion on how online communities needs to mature is something that will lead nowhere in the end. 

Outside of LoL my preorder luck continues. I have yet to recieve my copy of Yakuza 3 and instead of recieving my copy of God of War 3 today my order was put on hold in that store aswell. How do I suddenly manage to preorder games from stores that dosen't recieve a big enough shipment? Ugh. So I've decided to cancel that one and go pick up the game "manually" today instead. My cold is back with a vengence tho so actually driving to the store is kinda icky but I guess I need some soda and beers anyways I guess since I'm all out at home. I think today will also be Pizza day for me. So I guess going to buy God of War 3, drinks and a Pizza dosen't sound all bad even if my nose runs like a flushing toilet. I guess going back to my graveyard shifts at work while still being kinda sick was a bad idea.
    SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SamStrife

I love LoL but hate being talked to like a piece of shit because I'm not as experienced at the game as die hard DotA fans...it's kinda off putting =/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.